PDA

View Full Version : New finish

Wally Wenzel
10-28-2011, 7:34 PM
I have read on here about a new finish from min-wax, can some one fill me in on the offical name of it or maybe a pic of the container, i went looking for it but can't come up with it. I found a rattle can of finish for about $10 but don't think that was it ,anyway thanks for any help you can give. Wally

Kyle Iwamoto
10-28-2011, 7:56 PM
Wipe on Poly?

Hard to tell from your post, but that would be my guess. It's made by Minwax.

The other would be Wood Turners Finish, but it's not from Minwax.

Sid Matheny
10-28-2011, 8:27 PM
Are you refuring to the Clear Brushing Lacquer? Anyway here is there interior finishes.

http://www.minwax.com/wood-products/interior-clear-protective-finishes/

Sid

Roger Chandler
10-28-2011, 8:45 PM
You may be referring to General Finishes Wood Turners finish...........a new product Bernie was telling us about. Seems he likes it...........I have yet to give it a try.

Greg Just
10-28-2011, 8:57 PM
If you are referring to General Finishes Wood Turners Finish, I have used it and like it a lot. It drys very quickly and provides a very smooth and shiny finish. If you don't like the shine, a little steel wool will help knock it down a bit. It is kind of pricy, $16 for a pint at Woodcraft.

Bernie Weishapl
10-28-2011, 9:19 PM
I have used the GF Wood Turners Finish and like Greg I really like it. I can turn and finish a pen in 30 minutes. It dries quick and gives a gloss finish. By the way Greg I just ordered a quart from Woodcraft. Don't know if this is what your looking for but here is a link at Woodcraft. http://www.woodcraft.com/Product/2083644/35704/General-Finishes-Wood-Turners-Finish-8oz.aspx They have it in 8 oz bottle, pint and quart.

dan carter
10-28-2011, 10:26 PM
I have used the General Wood Turner's Finish and have a different opinion than Greg and Bernie. It reminds me of Rust-Oleum 200041 Gloss Clear Water Based Wood Finish (VarathaneŽDiamond Polyurethane) that costs $14 qt instead of $25. The Diamond product is a good product to apply to wood floors. Have applied quite abit of it, it is nice and clear. The WTF does dry clear, shiney, and fast but the finish seems to be too soft for my liking. If you buff it, you will need a light touch or you may remove it completely from your product. It looks too glassey to me. Frankly I was disappointed in it after seeing these other guys speak highly of it. Some may say that it is hard to teach an old dog new tricks, but in my mind there are many better finishes for you to apply to your master pieces.

That's my 2˘.