PDA

View Full Version : New Tool Gloat....

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 3:36 PM
well as most of you small business owners know like myself you need to buy tools every year to show that you need them , plus you can take it off your taxes....plus opld stuff wears out and of course you need more....here are some new items in the shop for 2005.......all have a good one .....and how about them " tarheels"

Christopher Stahl
03-02-2005, 4:00 PM
Another Performax, I must have one. Oh yeah, congrats on your new purchases. ;)

chris

Lloyd Frisbee
03-02-2005, 4:07 PM
Where did you get the bandsaw wheel brush? Is that the Iturra version?

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 4:45 PM
yes the wheel brush came form intura.....great bunch of people....i get all of my blades from them also....the one thats is on the g0555 grizzly, is the 105'' bi-metal blade 6 tpi....and what a blade it is.....cuts like butter......there is no better in my opinon.....

Mike Cutler
03-02-2005, 4:51 PM
Nice tools Christopher, I have the Performax also, great machine, but that sticker on the cabinet says you have some other really nice toys. Litespeed..eh.... Love that Vortex, but I'll stick with my Corima Puma and Cervelo P3 for the time being. :cool:

Jim Dunn
03-02-2005, 5:54 PM
This guy's making way to much money:) Using a purple heart fence on his saw?? What's next? A birdseye maple sacrificial fence for dado's

Nice tools though;)

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 5:58 PM
well the reason for the purple heart fench is that it is very tough wood.....it's not that expensive here in my area.....and it takes a really good finish to make wood slide so nice......

Robby Phelps
03-02-2005, 10:50 PM
Nice haul Chris. I love my Performax sander. (it was also a very nice tax write off this year) It has been great and at times I do not know what i did without it. I noticed a Litespeed Titanium sticker on a cabinet in the background. You a cyclist? Just courious. Mountain biking is one of my favorite things to do

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 11:33 PM
well yes i am a biker.....mtn. to boot......i used to bicycle for a race team here locally.....got a little too old to bike that much any more...i have the first full sus. litespeed bike that came off the line ....it was a promation at the time ....a sponcer thing...it was fun while i was young..i still bike in the summer some. and i just do it now for my enjoyment......it's a nice break from all the saw dust and customers that want it " just a little bit " longer, shorter, darker, lighter, etc. just keep peddling, and making saw dust

John Scane
03-02-2005, 11:34 PM
Looks good.....did you get the whole bandsaw or just the brush ? Where do you find Iturra on the web, I can't find thier site. Or is it only phone orders ?

christopher webb
03-02-2005, 11:40 PM
yes i got the g0555 and the riser and the blade and the brush all at the same time....i also got the spring from intura, thats a big plus for that machine.....intura is not on the web,,,,,,you can call and they will help you with anything that you need for a bandsaw , they are great to work with ....but you have to call them , and of course they will send you a catalog, they are working on a new one and it should be out very soon,,,,,there number is....1-888-722-7078....great bunch that will help you figure out what you need.....good luck

Jeff Sudmeier
03-03-2005, 8:34 AM
Nice haul! A performax sander is definately on my list! Would be nice to be able to write it off too! :)

Byron Trantham
03-03-2005, 8:41 AM
Nice set of tools. I am really thinking about that Perfomax. Need to adjust shop to make room for it though. :mad:

Mark J Bachler
03-03-2005, 9:59 AM
I am this // close to buying a 16-32. Nice stuff.