PDA

View Full Version : 'Norm-fans" !

Jim Becker
04-21-2003, 5:25 PM
It appears that NYW (http://www.newyankee.com) is taking a cue from TOH and starting to use web-cam technology to allow "us" to watch the taping of new episodes. If you are a Norm-fan, mark your calendar for Tuesday, 6 May and Thursday, 8 May to watch them tape "live". (Daytime, I presume) There is no sound and it's sampled/time-lapse, but it should be an interesting experience, nonetheless!

David Ripley
04-24-2003, 2:32 PM
He has made his first two projects allready, the first was a chair table I think. The second was a privacy screen, three panels hinge together. Also it was said on another web site that this was
not the filming of NYW, they were filming a project for This Old House or a private project of Norms.I did`nt understand how that could be said because they are telling you they are filming the NYW.Anyway I like it, i`m a big fan. David

Tom Sweeney
04-24-2003, 3:03 PM
Whenever I remember to click on the web cam - Nothing's happening :(

I did catch norm working once - but I was supposed to be working also (sorta like now ;) ) - so I didn't watch for long.

Someone at WC posted a script to allow the webcam to refresh every minute - but that's a mute point when all I ever see is an empty - yet beautiful & really clean - shop with a bunch of tools doing nothing. Come to think of it - once I saw the laser light on the CMS :rolleyes:

Jim Becker
04-24-2003, 3:09 PM
Tom, it appears you need to watch on the particular days they have things scheduled. (6 & 8 May are the next dates) Otherwise, you're just getting a shot that is static...from 18 April right now.

David Ripley
04-24-2003, 3:28 PM
The web cam is only active when there filming, unlike This Old House web cam that is on all the time when there filming there project house. At the top of the picture is the date, and time of filming and right now it`s saying Fri. Apr.18 8:33:04 AM 2003, that was the last time it was on. David

Paul Geer
04-25-2003, 8:58 AM
As much fun this is, I wish the picture update was automatic, ( it wasn't on my computer) I had to keep hitting the F5 key to get the latest pics every minute or so, and would be fun hear all the chatter, but updating would have to be a lot faster, probably a can't do.

Also, I wonder if Russ keeps standing over norm all the time he's working? don't know if I can hack that one.