PDA

View Full Version : Laser finally arrives

Khalid Nazim
10-27-2011, 10:09 PM
My laser finally arrived at my home. Even after sending multiple emails to my shipping/clearing/transport agent that they are going to deliver the machine at my home and place it in my garage and having gone to their office to meet their VP and conveying the same message repeatedly, the driver arrives at my home and informs me that the box which has the laser is too big to place it on the tailgate on his truck! Anyway, the lesson here is that the delivery guys will always screw this up. At least the driver realized that it was his and his company's mistake that he agreed to wait to resolve the issue. So we open up the box inside his truck, take all the other stuff off the skid which then allows us to place the laser on the tail gate and lower it down. So one hurdle over and I have the laser now inside my garage. The weekend would be spend in getting it down in my basement and commissioning it.

Jiten Patel
10-28-2011, 5:16 AM
Great stuff. Wish we had as much space as you guys have over the pond - that machine is massive, but looks tiny in that room! Love to hear how you get one - as we will be getting one of these next year.

Rich Harman
10-28-2011, 6:09 AM
Khalid, can you look under the table and tell me if the attachment method is the same as pictured here?

Tony Lenkic
10-28-2011, 8:29 AM
Khalid, that is a huge unit. Do you need to take it apart to fit it through the doors to the basement.
Insulated/heated garage may be good place to keep it.

Khalid Nazim
10-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Tony,

It is quite large. However, the machine can be taken off the stand. My plan is to rotate the machine around and take it down with the narrowest side going through the stairs. But I am going to measure everything first and make a 1:1 size box of card board to simulate the movement. Lets see what happens. Its going to be an interesting weekend. Have already called friends in the area to help with the offer of a BBQ :)

Khalid Nazim
10-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Jit, the machine is really big -surprised me as well. The skid is in my garage which has ample space as it accommodates two cars. I moved one of them out so that I can park my new toy.

Khalid Nazim
10-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Rich, the arrangement under the table is like this:

Khalid Nazim
10-28-2011, 8:57 PM
For Rodne/George/Rich or any other Shenhui Laser owner:

I need to separate the machine from its base. To do that I unscrewed 4 bolts (2 on each side accessed through panels). Is that all? I am trying to lift the machine but the base is moving with it. Are there any other bolts that I need to open?

Also, as Rich had mentioned, the chiller and exhaust fans are packed under the machine and I cannot get them out. You had written that one way was to move the table up, remove the bottom tray and then I can get the chiller and ex-fan out. How to I move the bed? I have not yet powered the machine. Can I just plug the power in, without installing the laser and use the LCD menu to move the bed? Or can I just move the bed by moving the belt?

Regards
Khalid

Rich Harman
10-28-2011, 9:56 PM
If you have a helper you could just lift up one side of the machine and remove the items. Or, you can power up the machine and use the LCD panel to lower the table. You only need to plug in one of the power connections. One plug is for the laser power supply, the other is for the motion control.