PDA

View Full Version : Saw Stop tablesaw on Time Warp (super slow motion footage)

Kevin Gregoire
10-27-2011, 1:11 PM
here is a cool video from the TV show Time Warp about the Saw Stop tablesaw.
for those that dont know about Time Warp it is a show that films all sorts of stuff
with high speed cameras and then its played back in super slow motion.

i tried a search and didnt find anything so hopefully its new to everyone?

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=E3mzhvMgrLE&NR=1

Neil Brooks
10-27-2011, 1:13 PM
That's really weird....

When the blade dropped down, it showed up on MY table saw....

Andrew Arndts
10-27-2011, 3:12 PM
and if it wasn't for the show Time Warp, I wouldn't have known about Saw Stop... Well perhaps not as soon as my buddy at the Woodcraft store.

Dale Cruea
10-27-2011, 5:38 PM
I am still cleaning up the pee.... The hot dog is one thing.... but his finger... got to go pee again.... I could have used this saw once... yep, lost a finger tip to and old Delta. I still remember the pain. Now I really need to pee...

Dave Lehnert
10-27-2011, 6:06 PM
That video has been out for some time now. the demo has been questioned by some because he dips his hand in a cooler of water before he touches the blade. Also looks like he touches the teeth from the side.
No doubt it works and works as advertised. I would love to own a sawstop even if it did not have the blade stop feature. It's a great invention but would not catch me doing that demo.

Dave Zellers
10-27-2011, 6:24 PM
I'll buy one when he sticks his thumb halfway across the path of the blade and pushes a piece of wood through at the same rate that most of us push wood through.

It's wonderful technology. Those that want to pay for it, go for it. It's not for me.

Jason Coen
10-27-2011, 7:19 PM
the demo has been questioned by some because he dips his hand in a cooler of cold water before he touches the blade. That was to prevent his hand from being burned from the lights that are needed to film at that frame rate.

Kevin Gregoire
10-27-2011, 9:39 PM
i want to see him jam his fingers in there fast and hard instead of slowly creeping up to the blade.
i dont push wood super slow so i want to see if there is hand damage if going in fast.