PDA

View Full Version : Baton Rouge Hardwood

Charlie Ross
10-27-2011, 9:54 AM
Hey All,
My post for my DC worked so well I thought I’d try another, THANKS!!!
I’ve started getting back in my shop again and heard my wood supplier (Hogan Hardwoods) is out of business. I tried to call, and their web site is out, so I’m thinking it’s true. Now I’m without a supplier for rough or S2S... lumber in the area. I’m wondering if there are any Redstick-Creekers that may be able to help me with good suppliers in the Baton Rouge area.

Charlie

russell dietrich
10-27-2011, 2:09 PM
Charlie

Acadian Cypress in Ponchatoula carries hardwood. You can buy it rough or planed. I get maple, cherry, walnut and cypress from them.

Albert T. Tappman
10-27-2011, 3:31 PM
Service Lumber and Supply sells hardwoods. They're behind Cortana mall near Choctaw, I think the street name is Oak Villa? Anyway if you google them, you might get hits on their old address right off Airline Hwy, but they're not at that address any more. As far as I know they're the only remaining hardwood supplier in town. Hogan supposedly still operates a warehouse in Lafayette, but I don't know if it's as big as the one in Baton Rouge that's defunct now. I can confirm it's defunct because I drove out there and looked around. Looks like Baghdad in that part of town.

Dave Normand
10-29-2011, 7:19 AM
Yeah Hogan went down fast! If your familiar with Tom C. he and most of the crew went to Brazzo's Forest Products 225-271-3560. I think Toms the Gm. We've been ordering a lot from them and they seem to be doing well.

D.P.N.

Bill White
10-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Hate to hear about Hogan. Any details?
Bill

Albert T. Tappman
10-29-2011, 1:39 PM
I was at PMC Machinery's big sale event in Hammond this morning, and there was a rep from Acadian Hardwoods in Ponchatoula (mentioned previously). He said that Acadian had acquired Hogan Hardwoods, which went bankrupt. He also said that they intended to reopen the Baton Rouge location, but I didn't press him for details.

Dave Normand
10-30-2011, 8:41 AM
Yeah, I heard from our sale person Acadian bought a couple of the Hogan Yards. I think Baton Rouge was one.
This seems to be the way of growth for the lumber companies down here. From what I remember, It started with Paxton acquiring J T Shannon , then Paxton by Hogan, Then Hogan By Acadian..........NEXT!!!!!

D.P.N.

Steve Jenkins
10-30-2011, 11:39 AM
in this neck of the woods it went Paxton, Hogan then Brazos