PDA

View Full Version : Video - Guys Turns Chess Piece With His Feet (and no motor)

Kenny Jacobson
10-26-2011, 6:40 PM
Maybe you guys have seen this before*, but it was just shared with me via a relative at Facebook:

http://www.wimp.com/chesspieces/

Makes me ashamed that I'm still a little afraid of the skew...

Josh Bowman
10-26-2011, 7:15 PM
Lots of emotions flying around in my head after watching this. I feel blessed, inept, spoiled, unskilled, amazed. The reason I'm thinking these is when faced with a different problem, I tend toward another tool. This guy uses one tool and does an amazing job at it!
Thanks for sharing.

Jeff Welch
10-26-2011, 8:12 PM
Very sharp Skew!

Doug Morgan
10-26-2011, 10:05 PM
Impressive and scary at the same time. I cant count the number of things that could go wrong and yet I want to make a joke about the "foot work"

James Combs
10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Wayyyy to cool! WOW.

Wayne Hendrix
10-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Probably shouldn't have shown my wife, it's going to be really hard to justify next time I want to buy a new tool.

David E Keller
10-26-2011, 10:45 PM
I've seen this before, but I never get tired of watching it! I used to feel bad that I couldn't do stuff like this, but then I remembered that I've got two left feet... Clearly a good right foot is required for this type of work!

Scott Hackler
10-26-2011, 10:57 PM
Very remarkable to watch this. Videos like this make me want to buy the guy a small lathe and let him really have fun and create stuff on the lathe.

Ryan Baker
10-26-2011, 11:32 PM
Yeah, that's been on here before. It is very impressive to say the least. That video seems to be the hot video on the net this week, since I have seen it popping up all over the place.

John Spitters
10-27-2011, 1:25 AM
A friend of mine had seen this before as well and last year when he was in Marrakech he sought out this fella and now has a short video of himself with the guy and also a few of the pieces that he turned for him. Apparently he is kept extreamly busy turning for the tourists and is able to make a good deal of $$$ doing so. Also he travels / commutes on foot apx I believe 10 miles or so each day from his home.

John