PDA

View Full Version : Quicken 11 and Windows 7 ?

Scott Donley
10-26-2011, 4:48 PM
Does anyone know if Quicken 2011 will work with Windows 7, 64, Home premium ? Also, will the backup from XP 32 work when installing Quicken on the 64 bit Windows ? Don't want to pay for Pro if I don't have to. Thanks

Harry Simms
10-26-2011, 5:40 PM
I have Quicken 2011 installed on both my laptop and desktop. The laptop is a Dell 15R with Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premim. The desktop is an older Dell with Windows XP SP3. Quicken 2011 runs fine on both. I keep the data file on the desktop and access it over the network. All works fine on both machines.

Scott Donley
10-26-2011, 5:52 PM
I have Quicken 2011 installed on both my laptop and desktop. The laptop is a Dell 15R with Windows 7, 64 bit Home Premim. The desktop is an older Dell with Windows XP SP3. Quicken 2011 runs fine on both. I keep the data file on the desktop and access it over the network. All works fine on both machines.Thanks ! Time to upgrade this old (15 years) 300 mgz Thinkpad. I also have a desktop for most other programs. Thanks again !

Dale Cruea
10-26-2011, 5:55 PM
You do know Scott that you can not go from XP to Windows 7 directly. You will have to wipe out XP first. The software will do this for you but anything on your computer will be gone. I just went from XP 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit. Everything still works fine I just had to reload all of my programs. Depending on how old your computer is you may want to make sure that you can get all of the drivers you need for Windows 7. The install program took me some place on line to check my computer.

Scott Donley
10-26-2011, 6:20 PM
You do know Scott that you can not go from XP to Windows 7 directly. You will have to wipe out XP first. The software will do this for you but anything on your computer will be gone. I just went from XP 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit. Everything still works fine I just had to reload all of my programs. Depending on how old your computer is you may want to make sure that you can get all of the drivers you need for Windows 7. The install program took me some place on line to check my computer.Yes, I knew this. Talking a new laptop, Think I will go with the HP Jim did. I have an old Compaq, an old self built desktop, but time to update the laptop. I have not followed the PC world to much in the last 5 years or so. Installing XP on the old Thinkpad (with 192 megs of ram) was a surprise that it worked :)

Jim Becker
10-30-2011, 8:39 PM
Yes, it works fine. I run Quicken 2011 under Win7 Pro in a VM on my Mac...but the application will run fine with Win7 Home Premium, too, which is what I had on my previous computer. Do note that Quicker 2012 is now available... :)