PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Todd Burch

Chris Pasko
03-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Hey Todd, I was just searching through the threads and realized that you have the Felder RL160. I am considering purchasing it and was wondering what your impressions were. Did you get the manual or pneumatic cleaning system? What do you think of its overall performance/noise/etc?

Thanks for your time!

-Chris

Steven Wilson
03-02-2005, 12:05 AM
Chris, you'll probably want to check out the Felder forum on yahoo too. I've heard good things about that machine

Jim Becker
03-02-2005, 8:58 AM
Chris, Rob Russell has the RL160.

Chris Pasko
03-02-2005, 5:36 PM
Thanks Steven, I have been a member there for a long time =). I have a thread there as well. Of course the more feedback the better.

Hey Jim, long time no talk =). Good to hear from you. Thanks for the info, I'll drop him a line.

Todd Burch
03-02-2005, 10:31 PM
Chris - I like it. I went from an undersized, entry model 1.5HP Oneida to this 5.5HP, 3-phase bad boy. I can say it literally sucks.

It caught my interest because of the low headroom requirements. It's nice with the twin 53 gallon bins too.

I have mostly 5" piping and I would recommend 6". I always have my tablesaw and jointer blast gates open, and usually one other. Even with a 4th leg open @ my bandsaw or edge sander, it still does good.

I installed all my own electric. I ran a contact relay to it and control the relay with a standard 110 volt light switch. Throwing the switch sends 220-3-phase power to it and VAROOOM!!

It could stand some baffles around it to cut down on the noise. A separate room would even be better. I did buy the baffle kit. I did not get the auto-cleaner - just the manual rod. The rod works fine. It has a series of brushes on it (4 or 5) that makes the stroke fairly short compared to the 4' to 5' long filters.

Todd

Chris Pasko
03-03-2005, 6:23 AM
Chris - I like it. I went from an undersized, entry model 1.5HP Oneida to this 5.5HP, 3-phase bad boy. I can say it literally sucks.

It caught my interest because of the low headroom requirements. It's nice with the twin 53 gallon bins too.

I have mostly 5" piping and I would recommend 6". I always have my tablesaw and jointer blast gates open, and usually one other. Even with a 4th leg open @ my bandsaw or edge sander, it still does good.

I installed all my own electric. I ran a contact relay to it and control the relay with a standard 110 volt light switch. Throwing the switch sends 220-3-phase power to it and VAROOOM!!

It could stand some baffles around it to cut down on the noise. A separate room would even be better. I did buy the baffle kit. I did not get the auto-cleaner - just the manual rod. The rod works fine. It has a series of brushes on it (4 or 5) that makes the stroke fairly short compared to the 4' to 5' long filters.

Todd

Awesome, thanks a lot for your input. I ordered it yesterday, 3 phase with the sound baffle. I opted not to get the pneumatic cleaning option. One of the guys on FOG hooked up an air cylinder to the pressure switch (not sure if I'm saying that right) and now has his own version of the pneumatic cleaner.

Still wont be here for a while, it will come with my tools, but when it does I will be ready =). I plan to run all 6" duct at minimum. It will most likley be in its own little room on the side of the shop with the air compressor/etc.

Thanks for your input! I will be nagging you one of these days about that switch idea =)...nice.

-C