View Full Version : Offset line wrenches ?

Stephen Tashiro
10-26-2011, 1:00 AM
My latest tool buying urge is to find a set of automotive line wrenches ("crowsfoot" wrenches) that have a large offset. Even better would be the type of wrench used to remove injectors - it looks like an extension used with sockets except that at the end it has a line wrench that is perpendicular to its shaft. Any recommendations where I can get a set of such devices in metric sizes, say 10 mm to 17 mm ?

Joe Angrisani
10-26-2011, 9:07 AM
I know Snap-On sells exactly what you are describing. I have them. Crowsfeet that fit on the end of a 3/8" ratchet extension.


Stephen Tashiro
10-26-2011, 1:01 PM
I'm glad you pointed that kind out. I was only thinking of a tool that had the crowsfoot permanently attached to a shaft. Those are more versatile.

Dave Lehnert
10-26-2011, 1:56 PM
Harbor Freight also sells some for a good price but not available in metric sizes.


John Lohmann
10-26-2011, 2:43 PM
Simple & kinda cheap

Greg Portland
10-26-2011, 2:48 PM
SK sells high quality metric crowsfoot wrenches (Snap-on level quality).

ray hampton
10-26-2011, 3:21 PM
John recommended Sears before I was able to

Peter Stahl
10-27-2011, 12:44 PM
What you are looking for are Metric Crowfoot Flare Nut Wrenches. Lots of places sell them McMaster-Carr is a good company that sells them too. Flare type wrenches keep a more even force on the flats of the nuts. Couple links I found with a quick Google search.