PDA

View Full Version : Laser Cut Question

Bruce Dorworth
10-25-2011, 11:56 PM
Is there a command in LaserCut 5.3 to go to a specific location? Something like 300 x 300. I want to build a jig to cut an object. The center of the object will be at 300 x 300. This way I can put my template in the laser, hit home on the laser then do my 300 x 300 command and I am ready to start cutting.

Bruce

Rodne Gold
10-26-2011, 5:49 AM
I don't have lasercut , but my program is very similar. there is a facility to tell it to move a set X and Y from software , albeit it wont move to that position as the first move in a job , you would have to explicitly tell it to move there and then start the job. If you dont have that , there are "workarounds" , just about all the chinese software will allow you to set the Jog function , IE set one key press to however many steps (and thus distance) you require so you could set the jog factor to get to where you want , you could also create a "phantom" job , where you put just a point at the position and "run" that job prior to starting the "real" one .
If you have a user manual , send it to me , rodgold@iafrica.com and I will go thru it and see where you can get to where you wanna be....

Rodne Gold
10-26-2011, 5:57 AM
I downloaded the manual , there is a place you can do exactly what you want , it's the "set laser origin" dialog. You can set top left , centre etc etc , but there is also a window there where you can explicitly set it up to go to a specific position.

Bruce Dorworth
10-27-2011, 5:57 AM
Thanks Rodney!!!!!

Bruce

Balsanu Gabi
11-10-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Rodne,

Do you know such command or combo box in Laserworks?

Thank you
Gabi