PDA

View Full Version : Woodcraft Slow Speed 8" grinder..

Roy Wall
03-01-2005, 9:44 PM
I have done a search on the subject....just wanted to know the current concensus:

Being on sale for $75 with the nice wheels, is this still a solid buy? What are some comparable or superior options?

I'm a little hacked as they won't honor an additional 10% off as March is my birthday month.........I thought they did this all the time.

Thanks for your time guys!!!

Mark Singer
03-01-2005, 10:17 PM
Roy,

I bought it and had to buy the Veritas grinder jig and holder. So it adds up....I don't know what else you have. I have the Tormek and wanted a faster way to rough grind,It works very nice with the upgrades and the vibration is minimum

Bruce Shiverdecker
03-01-2005, 10:23 PM
I agree with Mark. I got one for Christmas and a Wolverine jig. I'm turning much better now less trouble from bad grinds.

Bruce

David Fried
03-01-2005, 10:38 PM
I'm happy with mine. I also went with the Wolverine jig. The price made it seem like a good buy at the time and after using it I still feel it was a good buy.

John Miliunas
03-01-2005, 10:49 PM
I've had mine for a couple years now, Roy. I think it's probably one of the "best buys" out there.:) On the discount thing....I believe it is 10%, though I don't think it applies to power tools. I would imagine that Festool wouldn't allow the discount, either.:( But hey, $75.00 is still a great price!:) :cool:

Roy Wall
03-01-2005, 11:00 PM
I just didn't want to get it if it wasn't worth it........sounds like it is....with a good jig:)

I have my Father in laws OLD, beat up grinder that I use for the lawn mower blade:p ......so I'm starting from scratch.

I'll be getting the stones, the grinder, the jig, .....all that stuff:confused:

John Miliunas
03-01-2005, 11:08 PM
I just didn't want to get it if it wasn't worth it........sounds like it is....with a good jig:)

I have my Father in laws OLD, beat up grinder that I use for the lawn mower blade:p ......so I'm starting from scratch.

I'll be getting the stones, the grinder, the jig, .....all that stuff:confused:
Roy, I believe it already comes with appropriate stones. If your primary use will be for turning tools, you'd probably need some type of jig, regardless of the flavor your grinder is.:) :cool:

Bob Winkler
03-02-2005, 8:13 AM
I picked one up a couple of weeks ago for full price, but went back last night and they gave me the $20 off without any complaint. I was prepared for a battle...

I bought it because it was a good value because of the wheels. I'm happy with the purchase- especially after adding a Wolverine jig to it for my turning tools. It seems to do the job very well.

Bob

Ray Dockrey
03-03-2005, 9:20 AM
Have had mine for a year. I use it with the wolverine setup. I love it.