PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Little-Guy-Friendly Supplier Recommendations

Ric Taylor
10-24-2011, 4:14 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for recommendations for awards suppliers that are friendly to the little guy like me.

What I would like to be able to do is show a supplier's catalog (without prices) to a customer who only wants one plaque or award. The supplier should be able to sell me one or two of an item at wholesale, without a large minimum order requirement (in terms of dollars) and be able to get them to me reasonably quickly. Hopefully there would be a good selection in the catalog.

I know about Laserbits (limited selection) and Colorado Heirloom (great products, but they told me they manufacture the items after they receive an order. My last order with them took several weeks.)

I've lost several customers that fit this scenario. I may not be a big customer for the supplier, but I would be a steady one. Of course any big orders that I get would go to them also.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ric

Mike Chance in Iowa
10-24-2011, 5:03 PM
JDS can help you.

Martin Boekers
10-24-2011, 6:22 PM
Most will do that for you, but unless you live close to a warehouse shipping will eat up your profits quickly.

Where you start to make money and compete is when you get discounts as being a prefered purchaser.

JDS has a plan that if you by as little as $5000 a year, you buy one case you get the 10 case price,
that's a great deal! They also offer free shipping with $1000 purchase, that may be out of reach. But
the other is obtainable for smaller shops, this does include supplies also.

Anthony Scira
10-24-2011, 9:19 PM
Yes JDS has been AWESOME. Super fast shipping and reasonable shipping prices.

Ric Taylor
10-25-2011, 10:44 AM
Thanks to all, I callled JDS and spoke with Sheryl. She was extremely helpful and friendly. My day just got a lot better :)

Ric

Anthony Scira
10-25-2011, 11:09 AM
If you are near one of their shipping facilities its a VERY fast turnaround. Usually get my order next day even though I just choose ground shipping. YMMV depending on distance from their facilities.