PDA

View Full Version : Hollow Form Vessels in TV Shows?

Kenny Jacobson
10-24-2011, 12:48 PM
Roger Chandler's post on the ascendancy/decline of woodturning, made me think of something else that's been going round my head lately, namely...

Has anyone else noticed how many hollow forms are placed in the background of TV shows? Is this on the rise or am I just noticing it now because of my recent involvement in woodturning? Granted, usually they are pottery or glass hollow forms, but I think they are sometimes wood too. Just watch an episode of "Castle", "The Good Wife", "Up All Night" or pretty much any show where they want a house to convey a feeling of being "well to do" and you'll see hollow forms on the book cases, tables, etc.

I think it can only be a good sign for our art.

Any thoughts?

dean griffith
10-24-2011, 1:21 PM
Kenny, I have noticed it quite often. Even pointed it out to my wife as she is watching QVC and other shows as well. I find myself looking at the background instead of watching the tv show. (Which ain't all bad either) .

Charles Bjorgen
10-24-2011, 3:14 PM
Not a hollow form but I'm certain I see a natural edged bowl in the background of the Today morning show on NBC. It appears to have some yarn balls in it.