PDA

View Full Version : Name Tags

Cathy Wilson-Daly
10-22-2011, 4:32 PM
I have a customer that would like name tags that are white with brown letters. I can only find those colors in material that is not laserable. I guess I have to laser engrave white and color fill, but I am unsure what to use. Rowmark? Does is come in plain white? Please let me know what I can do. Thanks in advance.

Chuck Stone
10-22-2011, 6:01 PM
If you need plain white and you're going to color fill, I would check with acrylic
suppliers and
a) get a sheet of white for a big job or
b) see if they have any in their 'scrap bin' for short money.

I routinely go to a sign supplier and buy their cutoffs for $1/lb or less.
Their cutoffs could be 10" x 8' !!!

I got 70 pcs. of 5" x 36" flame polished .250" clear for $40 because I took
the whole thing (which was cut to the wrong size, and they were embarassed
looking at it and wanted it GONE!)
You can get some good buys that way..

James Rambo
10-22-2011, 6:34 PM
You could use a clear acrylic paint white on reverse side, reverse engrave and spray with brown paint.

Martin Boekers
10-22-2011, 7:15 PM
I mostly do this on brushed stainless nametags, but may work on white plastic.
Get a piece of sign vinyl brown put it on the plastic, vector cut and weed.

Joe Pelonio
10-23-2011, 9:31 AM
Just use the Rowmark Rotary material. The difference is just thicker cap and denser. I have several color combinations for which there is no laser material and it works fine. You just have to experiment to find the correct settings. Generally slower and more power. The edges, when cut, are actually cleaner than the laserable.

Bill Cunningham
10-23-2011, 8:58 PM
White reverse engraved material from Romark, and many others.. Just reverse engrave it, flip it over and spray the back with Krylon Fusion (brown I would assume), Let it dry and apply your magnet or pin (pins on this should be self adh.) I've used this method for pins with up to 5 spot colours

AL Ursich
10-25-2011, 9:17 PM
OR you could go with Sublimation.... white tag any color text.....

AL

Cathy Wilson-Daly
11-03-2011, 7:53 PM
Thank you all for your help. I went with the white/clear rowmark and painted it.