PDA

View Full Version : PM2000 Problem

Kyle Evans
10-22-2011, 2:32 PM
Hello all,

I just bought a brand new PM2000 and while I was installing the back rail to the table one of the bolt heads snapped off. I wasnt using a whole lot of force, as the bolt was still turning pretty easily, so I guess it was just a bad bolt. Anyways, I tried a bolt extractor (didnt work ofcourse) and now I dont really know what to do. I emailed PM about it but they emailed me back and told me to call, but the problem with that is I work 8 to 5 M - F and those are the only hours they are open, and I cant bring my phone to work. Any suggestions? Any similar experiences with PM? Im just hoping they dont leave me hanging.

Aaron Berk
10-22-2011, 2:41 PM
Are there any exposed threads to grab with a pair of Vise Grips?

Can you remove the whole rail and expose any threads?

If the shank of the bolt is below the surface, then your only option is an easy out.
I use a QUALITY reverse twist easy out set from MAC tools. The drill bits cut in REVERSE and help to extract the bolt and sometimes don't require the corresponding easy-out.

Personally I wouldn't consider this a Customer Service issue, as a manufacturer I would think all you as the customer would get is a new bolt

Aaron Berk
10-22-2011, 2:45 PM
One more thing.
Getting a drill bit started on the center of a broken bolt is a real PITA:mad:

If you own a Dremel or similar rotary tool, use it and a small diamond burr bit to create a centered starter hole.

Mike Heidrick
10-22-2011, 3:55 PM
Phone in car, call them on break or lunch. Welcome to the creek.