PDA

View Full Version : fancy holiday pen #2

Michelle Rich
10-22-2011, 7:48 AM
this one is blackwood with white mother of pearl inlays at each end. Custom turned cap and crossing spirals. I am enjoying making such detailed & custom stuff on such a little format. (I'm sure the crazies will end soon..at least I hope so.!!)

John M. Smith
10-22-2011, 8:16 AM
You did a really great job on those spirals. The pen looks fantastic. How did you do the spirals?

John Keeton
10-22-2011, 8:17 AM
Michelle, I love the way the light reflects from the blackwood! Looks like little stars! Somehow, you need to incorporate that effect into some of your artsy stuff!

Bernie Weishapl
10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Michelle that is a beautiful pen. Very classy.

Jim Burr
10-22-2011, 10:40 AM
Very nice work Michelle! I'd be afraid to use this one...very artsy!

David E Keller
10-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Fantastic! That's one of the cooler pens I recall seeing! Unlike the others, I'd use it so feel free to send it is way!

Kathy Marshall
10-22-2011, 1:09 PM
Beautiful pen Michelle! You come up with some of the coolest ways to make a piece your own! Not only does the spiral effect look fantastic, but it looks like it would be very comfortable to use, almost like a little finger massager!

David DeCristoforo
10-22-2011, 1:09 PM
Pens are not usually something I get excited about. I think it's pretty hard to come up with an "original pen design". But you have done that with this one. It is truly unique!

Baxter Smith
10-22-2011, 2:05 PM
Thats a new one to me! Must be that simple mind thing again!

Dave Ogren
10-22-2011, 2:42 PM
I think you took the pen thing to a whole new level, not only very good but fantastic. Thanks for showing it.

Dave

Michelle Rich
10-22-2011, 2:43 PM
thanks ladies & gents : kathy, you gave me a giggle, finger massager !! :-)
Baxter: yep it's a simple twisted mind at work again!
john S. there are basically 2 ways to make these: #1 by hand #2 with a router & a sears routercrafter or a legacy ornamental mill. Both decorate spindle turnings. There is a small unit called a pen wizard that has tiny bits and can make spirals but they will not be as cool as this. They cannot be of a big enuf size. Good luck