PDA

View Full Version : Laser problems.

Ken Shea
10-21-2011, 8:27 PM
130W Chinese laser
MP6535 control.
Material is Particle board

Very new at this and not making much headway so though I'd ask if any of this issue may ring a bell in problems you may have had. Have tried different table heights to the head but that seems to make no difference.

A simple line of text to engrave but the laser only fires at hit and miss areas, always the same area when repeated.
The cut contour feature completes and seems to cut fine,.

I realize this is not much to go on but if there are questions that could help just let me know.

Thanks
Ken

Dean Fowell
10-21-2011, 9:32 PM
Post a pic maybe we can see what's up, is this a new machine?

Rodne Gold
10-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Make sure you not using less than 15-20% power , a lot of lasers wont fire propery unless power is higher than that.

Ken Shea
10-22-2011, 9:20 AM
Dean,
Taking care of business this morning but will post a pic late morning or early afternoon, thanks

Rodne,
My machine will not do anything below about 23% as was learned on my first hill in learning this.
Still the laser engraves the complete outline when that is chosen at the control.
Thanks

So much has been going through me head in trying to understand and learn this equipment that I may have been told this already and forgotten.

I see three places to set laser power
1) In the program through LaserCut 5.3
2) At the control through the menu "Laser set up"
3) At the control where a program is ran from "Power %% / %%"
Not sure where to set power level or which takes precedence.

Gary Hair
10-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Not sure where to set power level or which takes precedence.

I would set all two of them to 0% power and the third to 100%, do a simple test to see if it lasers, repeat for all three setting places - that should tell you something.

Gary

Rodne Gold
10-22-2011, 3:06 PM
I dont have your machine or software , but the default way of working seems the be this:

The print driver will take precedence unless it is out of bounds of values set at the panel.
The laser setup will write to the motherboard and is just another way of setting machine parameters. \Values that apply to the panel will be set doing this , you can also manaully set values on the lcd panel at the machine itself.

You initially use setup to define all sorts of parameters , write it to the motherboard , then it should be left

On the panel , there should be 2 levels of power settings , idle and when the machine is working.
The idle setting of min/max power/speed /whatever will be the limits , like 15%/95% and no matter what you do in software , if you specify values outside this , it will default to the idle settings.
The power/speed values you see when the laser is running , on the panel , is the settings you set when sending the job and can be changed on the fly.
It could be some other fault , like a bad ground , faulty tube/power supply , some other setting that needs to be changed.....

Ken Shea
10-22-2011, 4:04 PM
Well, can't explain it but it seems to be working as expected today. :confused:

If begins to act strange again for no apparent reason I'll contact the factory.

Thanks much for the input.

Ken

Another question, is asking a 130W to cut through 5/8 / 16mm particle board in one pass asking too much?
Tried it a 2.0 speed and 100% power but it only went about 1/2".

Rodne Gold
10-22-2011, 8:59 PM
Yeh , your machine undoubtedly had PMS that day ... :)
Your thickness you can cut with stuff like ply etc is not only limited by power , but by your lens focal length , I think using the stock 40/50mm lens to try cut thru more than 1/4-1/2" particle/ply/wood is asking way too much. You could try doing so with a 3-4" lens but power density in the bigger spot might be a problem , 130w might be too low.

Ken Shea
10-22-2011, 9:46 PM
I do have a 100mm lens, will try that.