PDA

View Full Version : HArdwood Sourcw in the Phoenix AZ Area

Dave Van Ess
10-21-2011, 7:44 PM
Hello

My name is Dave Van Ess and I am new to the Phoenix Area. I am in the Chandler area and setting up my home shop. I am lkooking for a place to buy hardwood. I am looking for rough,S@S or skip. I like americam wood and foreign. I have been to WoosWorkers Source and found them expensive. I went to Spellman and was surprised you don;'t get to select your own stock. (Frankly they acted as if the didn;t care if I had their business or not. I have been going to Timber by I find their quality to be on the low side and I have to be very selective. So where ahould I go. I saw a list from a woodeorker in Arizona and I be damned if I can recover it! Prety lane for an Electrical Engineer.

Dave Van Ess
425 420 - 8844
ps I will be having a garage sale November 4th 5th. I am movinf from a 720sqft shop to 450sqrt do I have to sell off some tools. I am getting ride of chiseling, hand powered drill, a slick, etc. I would like to go to people I know who would apreciate them

Paul Symchych
10-21-2011, 8:14 PM
Try Timber Woodworking. Right nearby in Mesa.
http://www.timberww.com/default.aspx

They may not have the largest selection of really exotic woods but do have a wide selection of hardwoods at prices as good as you'll get in the valley. They are also very 'small customer' friendly, let you wander around, pick through stacks etc. Good people.
Its a M-F operation now but will likely go to Saturday half days come winter -such as our winters are.