PDA

View Full Version : Woodmaster Great Customer Service!!!!

David Nelson1
10-21-2011, 12:50 PM
I recently purchased the poly slick board and relief knives for my 612 planer/molder. I have no experience with a Woodmaster or a molder so the manual I have was my only reference. The tool holder is about 3.5 inches wide, but the jib is @ least 4.6 inch long. Well that got me worried because the box was marked for the 700 series tools. I goofed with it for a while and it was getting late, made the call and spoke with Bob as they where getting ready to head out the door. He reassured me the tooling would be the same between the 2 models and the jib had to be that long for balancing purposes. I asked if I could send pics in the morning if I still had questions and before the question was out of my mouth Bob was giving me the info.

I went back and with manual in hand (really bad type and blurry pics) installed a knife and jib. I felt no better so I took the pics and forwarded them to Bob. 9:06 (8:06 MST) this moring I get an email from Bob, "Dave, You have the Knife & gib in the holder incorrect. See Page 46 of the attached manual. Knives that cut a profile larger than 3-1/4' need to be used in the Planer Head. See page 42 for planer head installation." So I download the manual and while viewing a few mins, Al calls offering help. Was I the only customer in sight??? LOL He explained a few things answered a few more questions and got me squared away and hung up by 9:15.

What's not to like!

Bruce Page
10-21-2011, 1:00 PM
I agree.

They have been great the few times I have talked with them about my drum sander.