PDA

View Full Version : Becoming weak in the knees

joel nucifore
10-21-2011, 5:30 AM
Well the day has come,I have waited a good 4+ years for this. Got married in Aug. and was not as nervous.......
put the check book in my bag today taking the ride to my local CRACK dealer so to say. Writing alot of zeros:eek: and walking out with nothing. Questioning if I did the right thing:confused:.........

But in 6 or so weeks I was told a big truck with a 850lb+ box of MAYO will be droped off on my door step.. The other problem is the shed / studio is not even going to start till next weekend:eek:

Looked at them all followed all of the creekers questions on lathes the Robust was a close runner up, followed Steves excitment on it, just something kept pulling me back to ONEWAY......

Will start to post picks of progress and proof as all unfolds. Already ordered a 6 arm 5 wheel steady rest from Clark, nice guy to deal with so far...

Followed alot of forums over the years this one has been my go-to every morning with coffee for a long time..

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALLOWING ME TO LURK>>>>>>>:o

John Keeton
10-21-2011, 6:30 AM
Joel, I am just happy that only two months after a wedding, you can afford a lathe!!! Congrats on the Oneway, and congrats on the "soon to be" studio - better get to work! 6 weeks isn't long to get one complete, and it would be a shame to set that new lathe in the backyard!:eek:

David Warkentin
10-21-2011, 9:38 AM
Reckon if your studio isn't finished I would let you store it in my shop. I will take good care of it!

Reid Strand
10-21-2011, 9:42 AM
Now that you're married, are you familiar with the 48 hour rule? Thats where if you buy something and she doesn't say anything for 48 hours, and then says something, you can say "oh that? I got it quite a while ago. I'm sure it's past the return period." Not sure how you hide a lathe though, specially when you'll be spending every last minute with it. Congratulations.

Betty Fox
10-21-2011, 9:48 AM
Congratulations on the first of many. Yes I said mini!!!!
Good luck with the shop too. Can't wait to see what you make of it.

Paul Williams
10-21-2011, 11:03 AM
Some of my wife's friends, whose husbands are car nuts, have what they call the "Carat Rule." It states that the wife has the right to one carat in diamonds for each cylinder the husband has in motors. I sure hope there isn't a similar rule for woodturning.

Jon McElwain
10-21-2011, 1:03 PM
First of all, congratulations on your wedding!! May you have a lifetime of joy with your bride!

At 850 lbs, that sounds like a 2436 - congrats on that too! You're going to love it. The folks at Oneway are top notch and have always taken good and prompt care of me. Looking forward to seeing the pics for proof, and of course seeing some work come off of it! We're going to need some more details too - Oneway is a semi-custom, so what options did you get??

joel nucifore
10-21-2011, 1:40 PM
First of all I think she did better than the one carat rule???? and took care of 48 hour rule. History is workers comp accident a year and a half ago, blew out my elbow out to the point first hosp. said I was going to lose it. Just recived the payout and gave her HALF if she did not questions about my next 2 months of shopping for the MAN space......

OPTIONS AT THIS POINT
3hp----break resistor---stainless bed---17'' bed ext----96 position index---remote start---20'' outboard---sanders light with extra light.................clark steady rest

Its a start------ shed / studio 16x24

Steve Vaughan
10-21-2011, 1:59 PM
:eek: Wow! :eek:

Roger Chandler
10-21-2011, 2:12 PM
Well, I just hope for your sake, that the MAYO monster does not get more caresses and face time than your new wife......:eek::rolleyes::D........if she does not know much about wood turning yet, there may be a jealousy issue that arises, and you may have to kick your mistress out of your life......or perhaps you will miss that new wife you just married..............:eek::D:rolleyes:

Either way it goes, or if both can live happily with you.............congratulations, and all the best! ;)

Bernie Weishapl
10-21-2011, 7:24 PM
Congrats on both your wedding and the new Mayo. Sounds like things are falling into place.

Marc Himes
10-21-2011, 7:27 PM
Congratulations! New high end lathe, new shop and a new bride, How good can it get? Enjoy them all.

Alan Trout
10-21-2011, 8:46 PM
Congratulations on your lathe. look forward to seeing a pic when you get it.

Alan

Baxter Smith
10-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Congrats on all accounts! Hope they both last a long time!