PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit!

Kathy Marshall
10-21-2011, 2:46 AM
My 2nd Creeker visit in 2 weeks, I'm on a roll!
Ed Morgano is here from NC visiting his daughter and we made arrangements for him to come by for a visit.
He and his daughter came by about 7pm and he got a gander (albeit in the dark) of the woodpile and the mess that is my shop.
I had started on a quick Jacarand bowl just before they got there, and had the outside pretty much done. He wanted his daughter to see how a bowl was turned, so I mounted it in a chuck and showed Ed how I level the face before hollowing, then Ed and I took turns with some hollowing cuts.
Ed brought a few of his pieces with him, an ambrosia maple vase, a walnut bowl and an ornament that he turned for his daughter. All very nice pieces!
Then we went to the house and I showed him a few of my pieces.
We didn't take any pics, but Ed did leave me a little to gloat about :D when he presented me with the ambrosia maple vase as a gift!

Looks even better in person! Beautiful dye job and a great finish!
Ed's a great guy, his daughter is very nice and we had a great visit!

John Keeton
10-21-2011, 6:32 AM
Kathy, I am jealous! Ed had hoped to come to KY for a visit, but issues arose. Sounds like you all had a great visit!

Roger Chandler
10-21-2011, 2:37 PM
What.............no pics? Didn't happen K! Unless of course you or Ed can produce some pics..........[just kidding] Glad you were able to get some "creeker" time.........a real nice thing.

I think Ed should come home with some Arizona wood! :D

David E Keller
10-21-2011, 4:23 PM
Sounds like a hoot!

Bernie Weishapl
10-21-2011, 7:10 PM
Sounds like a great time.

Ed Morgano
10-21-2011, 7:36 PM
I'm here to tell ya that it DID happen inspite the lack of pictures. I would come home with a trailer load of wood but.......I flew.....so I'm gonna have to have some of it shipped. Kathy is a great lady. I wish we could have spent more time together but I don't have but a few days and had many things I wanted to do while I was here. John, I will be visiting you soon.....