PDA

View Full Version : Birthday compressor gloat

Alan Trout
10-20-2011, 6:24 PM
I have needed a larger compressor for a long time. I really do not have the room for a nice industrial model but how I use one I don't need a 17 cfm 120 gallon tank unit either. I really needed it to be big enough to pressurize my large casting pot and to blow out my vessel when hollowing, use my conversion HVLP gun, and the odd air tool from time to time.

I had looked around for some time for a reasonably quiet, decent volume and small footprint compressor. I had seen one of these running at a house I was inspecting and it was pretty quiet compared to my 17 year old oil-less 10 gallon unit which will drive you out of the shop. It was also well within my cfm requirements. My wife ask what I wanted and I told her this compressor. My wife, mom, dad, son, friend, and neighbors all chipped in and gave me a card this last Friday that told me to go pick it up when it came in. Well they did not get it till yesterday and I went and picked it up. It is a pretty decent little compressor and a a heck of a lot better than what I have been using.

I also was given a $200 bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label Scotch Whiskey from a doctor friend of mine which is a heck of a gloat on its own. It was a re-gift but I don't care it is so smoooth.

Anyway here is a pick of the compressor to show I really did get it.

Alan 210699

Marty Eargle
10-20-2011, 6:56 PM
I'd be jealous of that compressor (desperately need to upgrade my 8 gallon)...but I'm too busy drooling over that Blue Label. I've only had the Gold label and it's amazing...I can only imagine Blue.

Alan Trout
10-20-2011, 7:02 PM
Marty,

I am not much for blended scotch. I usually like the single malt scotch whiskey's, and would never ever buy a bottle of scotch that cost this much, but it is really good. No water needed. Just over a few ice cubes and you are good to go.

Alan

Bernie Weishapl
10-20-2011, 7:26 PM
Congrats on the compressor. Shoot I would be happy with the blue label over some ice sitting on the back porch.:D

Greg Just
10-20-2011, 7:58 PM
Now that's a great gloat. Just don't mix the Blue Label with a roughing gouge! Enjoy!

Robert McGowen
10-20-2011, 8:14 PM
Congrats on the birthday present and I am not that far away if you need me to toast your birthday! :D

curtis rosche
10-20-2011, 8:20 PM
turn yourself a nice glass to drink from :p. shot glasses sell well:rolleyes:

David E Keller
10-20-2011, 9:04 PM
Congrats on the new compressor and happy birthday, Alan!

Tim Rinehart
10-20-2011, 10:53 PM
Happy Birthday Alan...nice looking compressor. I wish I had the room for a bigger compressor but can get by on what I have now.
I think the Blue label is appropriate for you, given your many blue cast works. May be a theme there, eh? Ok...maybe not a theme, just a nice bottle of Scotch.

Enjoy both!

Baxter Smith
10-20-2011, 11:10 PM
Happy Birthday Alan! Looks like it was a good one!

Bill Blasic
10-21-2011, 5:40 AM
Alan,
Be nice and save a shot of that Scotch till SWAT next year:D
Bill

Alan Trout
10-21-2011, 8:17 AM
Bill,

I will do it. I have only had one drink from it so far. Its special but It will get consumed. Maybe a drink a month. I promised my brother at least one drink as well.

Thanks, to everyone else for the birthday wishes. I appreciate it.

Alan

allen thunem
10-21-2011, 1:11 PM
yea but it is still ONLY Johnnie walker