PDA

View Full Version : questions on Liming wax

Roger Chandler
10-20-2011, 1:55 PM
It has been said ..........."there are no dumb questions, but these might approach it :D I have never seen liming wax, but have seen turnings where it was used and like the effect.......sooooo..................

how does one apply liming wax, where do you get it, and what is it used for except for turnings?

Erik Johanson
10-20-2011, 2:11 PM
I would like to second that. I too would be greatly interested in knowing the answers to those questions.

Marty Eargle
10-20-2011, 2:12 PM
You can get liming wax at Woodcraft. I would assume that it goes on like most other waxes...as long as you work it into the grain. I think it's main purpose is to just give that white grain effect on woods with very open grains like oak, don't know if it would do much to any other type of grain.

charlie knighton
10-20-2011, 8:02 PM
it also can be used to ebonize stuff, i use liquid shoe polish for the first coat, let dry, use the black liming wax, turn it in, hit it with some spray lacquer, let dry. you have to put something on top of it,

Roger, it looks and acts just like black shoe polish, before i buy any more, i would try black shoe polish, the paste not liquid