PDA

View Full Version : Mobile Base

roy meek
10-19-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey guys, I work out of my 2 car garage, and I need to be able to move my equipment around. I had been looking at mobile bases for a while. I found a couple of ideas that I liked. I wanted to build my own, I found this design and decided to go with it. I used 2x4's to frame it up. I bought the casters from harbor freight. and used electrical conduit for the handles. It works great and I enjoyed building it. Let me know what you think, and if you have made any I would like to see your pics, because I have more to build.<br>Thanks<br>Roy

roy meek
10-19-2011, 10:36 PM
here are some more pics. I started off with conduit 1/2 clamps to hold the conduit but they were not strong enough, so I cut a holder out of a 2x4. in order to allow the conduit to pivot I found some double size conduit clamps and put the conduit in the middle. I then drilled through both into the 2x4 with a lag bolt. This worked very well, and allows a large amount of pivot to lock it into place. hopefully the pics will be better than my explanation:)

Mark Godlesky
10-21-2011, 1:15 AM
I like the flip down casters. It reminds me of Norm's assembly table. I also think the wood gears guy did something similar. You may want to put leveling legs in the corners unless your shop floor is very flat.