PDA

View Full Version : Stuffed Mailbox

Tom Winship
10-18-2011, 10:11 PM
My wife called me yesterday and asked me to come out to the mailbox. There was a package in there that was stuffed into our oversize box. After tugging and pulling I finally freed it up and guess who it was from? That's correct. None other than the work all day, turn all night lady........Kathy Marshall.
It was loaded with mesquite (their kind), ash, sissoo, European Olive wood, and mesquite root. Kathy had felt sorry when I stated in one of my posts that I was using some of the last mesquite (Texas kind) that I had from the mill that burned recently in the Bastrop, Tx fire.
The pressure is on now. I have to decide what to make with all this wood and not to mess it up.
Thanks Kathy, you are the greatest!

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Congrats Tom. That is fine looking bunch of wood. Kathy is the best for sure.

Steve Schlumpf
10-18-2011, 10:24 PM
Congrats Tom! Looking forward to seeing what you turn out of it! Enjoy!

Marty Eargle
10-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Communities should be so lucky to have members like Kathy! Though I am suspicious about how she gets all that great wood. ;)

Can't wait to see what you make out of all of it...especially that Olive wood. It's probably one of my favorite woods to look at it, though I've never turned it.

Kathy Marshall
10-19-2011, 12:58 AM
Happy to oblige Tom! Looking forward to see how you like it and what you turn from it!

Tom Winship
10-19-2011, 9:10 AM
Looking forward to see how you like it and what you turn from it!

You really upped the pressure Kathy. By the way, my shop cats checked it out and no creepy crawlies.

David E Keller
10-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Another great gift from the great gal in Arizona!

Paul Heely
10-19-2011, 12:39 PM
That's some nice looking wood. Great gift. I don't know how you would do it, but the olive wood says Mickey Mouse ear hat to me. Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

Steve Busey
10-19-2011, 12:42 PM
By the way, my shop cats checked it out and no creepy crawlies. Ah, it passed the "cat scan"! Nice haul Tom - have fun!

David E Keller
10-19-2011, 2:31 PM
Another great gift from the great gal in Arizona!

John Keeton
10-19-2011, 3:24 PM
Tom, this should give you a few hours of fun!! Kathy is a special lady!