PDA

View Full Version : Another Wood Gloat

Bill Bulloch
10-18-2011, 2:58 PM
Monday morning I got about a fourth of the logs I got from Donny Lawson processed into bowl blanks and such, then in the afternood I went down to a ladies Pecan Orchard and cut up a Pecan Trees.

Some of these bowl blanks are 15.5 inches....(I have a 16" lathe). If anything I wish I had let Donny talk me into taking more to that Sycamore. It sure is nice and if it turns as well as it bandsaws, I am in for a good time. These are waiting for waxing.

This is the Pecan. Anybody want some of it just COME ON DOWN.

Keith E Byrd
10-18-2011, 3:04 PM
Nice haul! Michigan isn't too far to deliver a couple pieces of that pecan is it?

Richard Jones
10-18-2011, 5:09 PM
That's a load on that trailer!!!

Nice haul, wish I was closer.

Rich

Donny Lawson
10-18-2011, 5:15 PM
Bill, looks like your wood pile is getting bigger and bigger. I've got 4 more sycamore logs that I hope to get to soon. They are nice to work with. Have you got to the Bradford pear yet? It will be nice. Is that some of the box elder in the first picture? I've got a whole Box Elder tree to cut down in about 2 weeks. I talked to the owner today and he said come on over when I get ready. He said it is eat up with the red bugs so I have a friend at the turners club to help me. That will be a NICE haul.

Bill Bolen
10-18-2011, 5:16 PM
Great haul Bill. Sue makes me wish Georgia wasn't so far away.:rolleyes:

Paul Heely
10-18-2011, 6:16 PM
Let see, if I leave now I'll be there in time for lunch tomorrow :rolleyes:. Nice haul, wish I lived closer.

Bill Bulloch
10-18-2011, 7:07 PM
Bill, looks like your wood pile is getting bigger and bigger. I've got 4 more sycamore logs that I hope to get to soon. They are nice to work with. Have you got to the Bradford pear yet? It will be nice. Is that some of the box elder in the first picture? I've got a whole Box Elder tree to cut down in about 2 weeks. I talked to the owner today and he said come on over when I get ready. He said it is eat up with the red bugs so I have a friend at the turners club to help me. That will be a NICE haul.

RED BUGS --- DO YOU MEN CHIGGERS??? Does your friend know that? I got a couple of yours {Chiggers} that I need to bring back to you; didn't mean to take them. This is the Box Elder. I only got one bowl blank and those three spindle blanks out of what I took. The one that was in the back of the Ambrosia Maple was to far gone. I cut a piece of that Bradford Pear; they are the two on the right front in the first picture.

Donny Lawson
10-18-2011, 7:19 PM
No., the Red bugs I'm talking about is what makes the red streaks in the Box Elder. Those bugs are harmless., but make the tree look good. Sorry for the chiggers. You can keep those. They haven't bothered me. I guess they don't bother ones that are used to seeing them.LOL...:D I'm looking foward to seeing something from the Bradford pear.

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2011, 9:46 PM
Wow Bill that is one big haul. Big gloat for sure.