PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Arctic Canada

Paul Williams from Nunavut
10-18-2011, 12:11 PM
Thought I would introduce myself, since I'm going to be peeking over your shoulders (all 472 pages worth of shoulders, it seems!).

My wife bought an Epilog Zing 30watt (12x16 bed) laser last year for her fledgling business (along with a heat transfer machine and an embroiderer). It's taken me a while of searching, but I finally found Sawmill and its engraving forum (thankfully!). We've done a few of the most basic things with the laser (logos on pen barrels, marking of picture frames, and one or two glass and acrylic photo-etchings, using CorelDraw X5 and Photograv), but not enough that I feel even remotely comfortable with what I'm doing. I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn from you all, and not get in the way, so to speak.

"See you", and again, thanks to the forum for being here!

Frank Corker
10-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Welcome to the Creek Paul. Well you definitely found the best laser community in the world. Everything you encounter is most likely covered on the pages in previous posts. I suggest that in order to learn, you go through old posts, there is a lot of knowledge. We look forward to seeing a post of some of your work in the future.