PDA

View Full Version : Creeker Visit and several gloats.

Alan Trout
10-18-2011, 11:37 AM
Jerry Marcantel and his better half Debbie came to visit me from Arizona and not only did we have a good time talking for a few hours but brought me some wonderful gifts. The wood gloat alone is incredible. He brought large chunks of cholla cactus, Desert Iron Wood burls and chunks, Velvet Mesquite, Olive root balls etc. Just an incredible haul. He also brought me a drive plate that he made to fit in my chuck

Jerry and Debbie are both wonderful people and Jerry is a heck of a Napper. You should see the points and other stone items he makes. Just beautiful. He even gave a arrow head that he made to my little boy which he was thrilled with.

Here are the pictures of the gloats and Jerry standing next to my latest project I have bee working on my new hollowing rig. I will start another

thread on that. Thanks, Alan

David E Keller
10-18-2011, 9:26 PM
That sounds like fun, Alan! Glad you guys and gals had a nice visit!

Greg Bender
10-18-2011, 9:36 PM
Alan,
looks like a good time was had by all. I have to ask ,is that linear bearings on your hollowing rig. Now that ought to be interesting. If they are linear bearings How rigid are they ? when you take a cut? I look forward to that post.
Greg

Bernie Weishapl
10-18-2011, 9:36 PM
Looks like all had fun and creeker visits are always the best.

Alan Trout
10-18-2011, 10:20 PM
It was a great time, and you could not ask for nicer more generous people. Anyone else heading this way just let me know. You are always welcome. Greg I started at thread on the hollowing rig. It is the most rigid rig I have ever used.

Alan

Kathy Marshall
10-19-2011, 1:02 AM
Looks like you had a great time and got a nice bunch of turning stock to boot!

Tim Rinehart
10-19-2011, 7:26 AM
I can already start imagining you doing something with that cholla cactus Alan...all them voids! Sounds like a nice visit. Thanks for sharing.