PDA

View Full Version : There should be more like him...

Mike Cruz
10-18-2011, 9:35 AM
Just saw this ad on CL. If he is genuine, my hat is off to him.

Free plywood scraps & Free Bring Your Own Wood Cutting (Columbia, MD)Date: 2011-10-17, 8:36PM EDT
Reply to: sale-vcpuj-2643528669@craigslist.org (sale-vcpuj-2643528669@craigslist.org?subject=Free%20plywood%2 0scraps%20%26amp%3B%20Free%20Bring%20Your%20Own%20 Wood%20Cutting%20(Columbia%2C%20MD)&body=%0A%0Ahttp%3A%2F%2Fbaltimore.craigslist.org%2 Fzip%2F2643528669.html%0A) [Errors when replying to ads? (http://www.craigslist.org/about/help/replying_to_posts)]
I make cabinets and I have hundreds of small plywood scraps available for free.

What I have depends on what hasn't been picked up.

Most scraps ar 6 inches in lenght or less, some are pretty long.

If you feel like coming to get it, I will cut it to the exact size you need free of charge. Just tell me what you need.

If I do not have the size you need, go grab what you need at home depot or lowes, bring it to me and I will cut it for you free of charge.

I have cut garage doors, speaker boxes, cabinets, and complete beds... all free of charge in the last month.

So....

If you have a project where you need to cut plywood, particle board, or other sheet goods...
If you lack the tools or the know-how?
If you are frustrated by making crooked cuts?

I'll cut your plywood, particle board, or other sheet goods for free.

Yes, free.

I have a panel saw, a cabinet saw, 8 table saws, and a full Incra system. Just bring me what you need cut and we'll do it for you.

I make cuts in 4x8 sheets of plywood and other materials accurate within a few one thousandths of an inch, and perfectly straight.

Even large jobs usually only take me a few minutes.

WHY I DO THIS:

Why? Why not? The economy sucks. . . and it's time to help your neighbor ladies and gents.

I help one heck of a lot of folks out and I am sure someday karma will return the favor.

I am located in Columbia, MD.

Bring your materials and your dimensions, we will cut it, and get you on your way.

Free.

P.S. Straight line cuts only & sorry, no commercial jobs... Thank you!

David Nelson1
10-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Mike I have to agree with you as well. What a service to the community

Gary Pennington
10-18-2011, 11:55 AM
One helluva guy!

Richard Wagner
10-18-2011, 12:52 PM
If I lived in your area, I'd come and help. You are a kind and generous person.

Victor Robinson
10-18-2011, 1:30 PM
That is awesome. Glad to see the attitude has not completely left our country!

John TenEyck
10-18-2011, 2:57 PM
Yep, great guy. And I bet his goodwill will be repaid by future business, either directly or by word of mouth. People remember who helped them out.

Phil Thien
10-18-2011, 9:59 PM
Wow, that's an incredible gesture.

I know he's trying to bank some karma, so I'm sending him a cut list for a Queen Anne Highboy.