PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use grizzly lvlp spray gun?

Rick Garrison
10-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Here is there spray gun I thinkin about ordering .
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Professional-LVLP-Spray-Gun-1-3mm/H7666

I got a 3 hp 20 gallon compressor.I'm going to to use target satin em6000any recommendations ?Thank you

Curt Harms
10-18-2011, 7:24 AM
I'd check to see if additional tips are available. The tip size appropriate for alcohol based dyes is not appropriate for acrylic enamel. To illustrate the point, yesterday I sprayed a louvered wood door. Two coats of SealCoat shellac followed up with two coats of thinned acrylic latex. I have an Earlex 5000HVLP unit with 1.5mm & 2.0mm tips. If I do much of this I'll get a 2.5mm tip. I'm pretty sure 1.3mm won't work well with thicker finishes and there's a limit to how much you can thin. I have no experience with with EM6000 so don't know if 1.3mm is appropriate for that or not.

Todd Hoppe
01-27-2012, 9:40 AM
Just saw this old post, but I wanted to mention that this inexpensive gun works really well. I have sprayed a bunch of General Finishes Enduro and Target EM6000 with it (tinted black with universal colorant). The gun works really well for a low cost tool. I haven't figured out how to best minimize overspray with the gun, but it really doesn't seem that bad.