PDA

View Full Version : is this unisaw worth $350?

jeff vanek
10-16-2011, 3:40 PM
ebay.com/itm/250909274060?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2648

Jeff Duncan
10-16-2011, 3:49 PM
Worth it to who??? To me, no, but I already have one. To you.... no idea? Do you need/want one? Do they come up often in your area? Does the saw run? Do you have to ship or or can you pick it up a short ride away?

Short answer is nobody can tell you what something is worth to you. I paid less than $300 for both Unisaws I bought. Most people pay much more than $350 for one. I guess if I needed a Unisaw, the one in your link was working and within driving distance to me, than yes it would probably be worth $350. My guess is at their asking price it's probably not going to be plug and play. In which case it's value is completely different.

Vague enough for you? Sorry, but given your question I can't be any more specific than that;)

good luck though,
JeffD

Bruce Page
10-16-2011, 4:04 PM
Being 3-phase with a so-so fence, I'd probably hold out for a better deal.
But that's me..

Ray Newman
10-16-2011, 4:06 PM
I would pass on it. It is 3-phase. If you do not have 3-phase power, you will need to buy a phase converter. Or, a new motor. Either will add another US $350+ to the cost.

The saw looks old based on the Jet-Lock style rip fence, the older style miter gauge, and 1950's style cabinet access hole for the motor. Considering those two and the fact that it is 3-phase, the saw was more than likely from a commercial shop. It just might need some additional work to bring it up to snuff, such as arbor bearings. Probably you will also need to buy a throat insert as there is none in the photos.

Carroll Courtney
10-16-2011, 4:33 PM
PASS or make an offer of 125.Parting it out you may break even----Carroll

Myk Rian
10-16-2011, 4:52 PM
Might be close to being worth it if it had the egg motor cover.

Greg Peterson
10-16-2011, 6:20 PM
Most of the guys have already posted useful information. I will add my voice to the 'Don't Bother' crowd. By the time you get done with shipping, change out the motor or get a phase converter and upgrade the fence, there is no bargain to be had.

Be patient and keep looking.

jeff vanek
10-16-2011, 8:13 PM
yeah, i really don't need a saw, i would just like a unisaw....i'll pass then.

Kevin Presutti
10-17-2011, 7:24 AM
I saw one one ebay or CL a month and a half ago or so that had new bearings, new motor, new paint, decent top and tube fence for $650.00. Unless you're in a hurry to get one "Patience Grasshopper". Find one on CL where they are moving and the saw is a deal, put gas in your truck and go get it. I'm looking for a PM66 found one that the price was great but just missed it on CL. Keep looking! You'll find the one that fits your budget and may or may not require alot of work. :D