PDA

View Full Version : starting the holiday gift list

Michelle Rich
10-16-2011, 12:33 PM
I am bored with hollowforms, and negative space designs, so i'm making a few pens for some of my gifts this year. Closed end, desk pen with custom centerband. I find the black & white quite interesting for this style pen. Each year the holiday season gets here faster & faster, & I hope I can get ahead starting now.

John Keeton
10-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I am bored with hollowforms, and negative space designs....Pure sacrilege!!! Nonetheless, very nice job on the pen. And, I think this is the first of this type (closed end) that I have seen made.

Jim Burr
10-16-2011, 1:42 PM
Even the most ardent pen haters here will love that!! Super cool!

James Combs
10-16-2011, 2:21 PM
... Closed end, desk pen with custom centerband...

Hi Michelle, great looking pen, interesting blank. Question, did you cut your own threads for the cap (I can't tell from the angle of the photo), if so what pitch did you use, if not, what is the original hardware you used?

Russell Eaton
10-16-2011, 2:32 PM
Very nice, I am just the opposite. I am bored with pens. Great job on the closed end pen.

Michelle Rich
10-16-2011, 2:42 PM
no James, I used the center threaded part..I just installed the white plastic between the parts. Jr. Gent kit.

philip labre
10-16-2011, 5:34 PM
Beautiful pen Michelle. Wish I could get out front on my holiday gifts, but such a busy summer, I think I'll be lucky to get my flooring installed and finished before the invasion.

David E Keller
10-16-2011, 7:08 PM
That's really nice! I haven't tried the closed end thing, but I sure like the looks of that one!

Bernie Weishapl
10-16-2011, 9:56 PM
Beautiful pen Michelle. Sometimes it is good to step away from the norm.

Donny Lawson
10-16-2011, 10:04 PM
I will agree with Bernie on this one. It's a beautiful pen. You did a great job.