PDA

View Full Version : shopclass.popularwoodworking.com????

john davey
10-14-2011, 6:46 PM
Did anyone sign up for this? I did and am kinda miffed. They have not added anything to it since I signed up a few months ago. Granted I have access to the video that is there but it really is not that much and I was expecting new topics. The FAQ says new topics would be posted. Unless someone chimes in hear that they are getting new content and it is just me screwing up (this of course is a real good possibility), I am going to have to sadly give this a big thumbs down. Should have just done the 4 day free and quit thing.... Hopefully someone will post that I am the issue :). Thanks, John

Jessica Pierce-LaRose
10-14-2011, 7:00 PM
Yeah, I was disappointed that there hasn't been new content added in a while - I think the last thing was Chris Schwarz's sharpening video. I am glad that they've added download links for a lot of the bonus content on DVDs.

All in all, though, I guess I was satisfied - there were 2 videos I wanted to watch, and I don't tend to watch DVDs more than once. This was basically the same cost as the 2 dvds, and I got to watch a lot of things I wouldn't have normally but enjoyed.
But unless more content is added, I won't be renewing. It's a bummer, because it seemed like a cool concept at the time.

Trevor Walsh
10-14-2011, 8:40 PM
There were the three or so video's I wanted to watch too, I did the weekend thing and stayed home watching and taking notes. I'm sorry to hear they haven't updated, I was looking forward for more content so get a subscription.

David Keller NC
10-15-2011, 8:00 AM
Many times publishers come up with ideas that just don't pan out, and this may be one of them. You may want to write a specific (and polite) complaint that long-term subscriptions require long-term committments to content updating, just as you expect to receive a magazine that has new content every month or so. That may either prompt them to get off of their bottom and put more content up, or discontinue the program and refund a portion of your $$

Megan Fitzpatrick
10-15-2011, 8:41 PM
Apologies -- we have been slower than we'd like to add new content. We'll soon (this week, I think) be putting up a new 2-hour veneer video, and our new publisher is hard at work securing additional new content as well.