PDA

View Full Version : ULS Driver question

Gary Lyben
10-14-2011, 3:16 PM
In my ULS driver, when I go to - settings, manual , under the raster tab, the print special effects drop down is grayed out, it won't let me select clip art, 3d etc. Anyone know what's going on with that?

Tony Lenkic
10-14-2011, 4:09 PM
Try clicking on "Frame Raster" first.

Mike Mackenzie
10-14-2011, 4:40 PM
Gary,

Do not choose the material from the materials data base, go directly into the Manual tab and you should be able to change it from there. This is caused because of the material you chose from the database. Some of the pre set settings will not allow you to change certain things.

Print, Properties, Manual settings you should get all 8 colors and have complete control over everything.

One other thing if you are going from the UCP Settings then you will not be able to change certain things that have already been printed.

Tony Lenkic
10-14-2011, 5:22 PM
Mike,
Would this new driver work with my old V-400 system?
I am still running 107M driver, I believe.

Mike Mackenzie
10-14-2011, 5:42 PM
Tony,

No, The systems use completly different electronics.

Tony Lenkic
10-14-2011, 5:56 PM
Thanks Mike,

That is what I thought.

Gary Lyben
10-15-2011, 8:53 AM
In my case, I have a design computer in the network, and a xp box that runs the laser somewhere else on the network as in the attached diagram.

I talked to Jeff at ULS support, and finally got everything configured correctly, so I can print to the laser from the design system, bring up the ULS driver and set the options, and send the job to the xp box where it's in the queue for the printer with the correct settings.

Jeff didn't think that was a common setup, so if anyone else need to do that, I can document it.

Gary