PDA

View Full Version : Looking for source for small LED lites for table signs...

Tim Neal
10-13-2011, 3:34 PM
I'm looking to make some acrylic signs to sit in the middle of a table, and would like to use led to lluminate them. They need to be small since the signs will be no larger than a 3x5 card. Anyone know a cost effective source? Thanks.

Tim

Martin Boekers
10-13-2011, 3:46 PM
Check with Jim Good here. He has just what you are looking for.

Tim Neal
10-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Jim has them and they are exactly what I as looking for.

Now - I haven't sold anything like this before, so I'm wondering whats the typical markup folks can get for these. I don't want to scare my customer away, but I don't want to leave money on the table either. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Tim

Dee Gallo
10-14-2011, 4:16 PM
I made a bunch of those tiny ones for table favors and got $5 each. I don't know if that was a good price or not, but it only took about 30 seconds each so it seemed good to me.

If you are providing a lot of these, get some extras... I found that once in a while you get one that doesn't light for more than an hour. For $1.50, i figured I should replace it.

cheers, dee

Tim Neal
10-14-2011, 5:10 PM
I made a bunch of those tiny ones for table favors and got $5 each. I don't know if that was a good price or not, but it only took about 30 seconds each so it seemed good to me.

If you are providing a lot of these, get some extras... I found that once in a while you get one that doesn't light for more than an hour. For $1.50, i figured I should replace it.

cheers, dee

Thanks Dee. That's the price I was thinking about quoting, but I had not considered getting extras....good idea! Thanks.

Emma austin
10-16-2011, 9:28 PM
Dee have you got a photo of these? I am trying to picture LED as favours, as we do quite a lot of those things. Ta!

Dee Gallo
10-17-2011, 8:43 AM
Emma,

I don't have any left that are already engraved, but here's a blank one. The plastic measures 3" x 3". They come with three watch batteries in them, but there is no external plug available. They only come in white, also. But for the money and the size, they are great. People love them and they are a perfect size for table decorations.

I imagine you could get fancy and decorate the base easily using all kinds of things.

cheers, dee

Emma austin
10-17-2011, 5:08 PM
Thanks dee, they look cool. So you engraved names or patterns?Where did you get those ones from, and can I ask approx how much were they?Many thanksEmma

Dee Gallo
10-17-2011, 7:46 PM
Emma, I engraved a single logo design and some words, but left the shape square so it was a simple fast job. I got them from Jim Good, who is a member here. Send him a PM for prices, I don't know if he wants them posted. But these are very low priced, well worth it.

cheers, dee

Jim Good
10-18-2011, 5:49 PM
Dee, Thanks for mentioning the mini glowboards. I've been away from the forum for a few weeks trying to help out with my wife's stepfather who was in NICU for a month. He fell from an extension ladder from the second story roof. Bleeding from the brain, broke both hips, his femur, broke 7 ribs, and collapsed a lung. He was on blood thinners from heart problems, too, so that made it hard to stop the bleeding. He is also 79 years old! It appears he may survive the fall but we can't say if he will be 100% or a small fraction of that. It's a tough situation. So, I've been at the hospital alot and also watching the kids so my wife could stay at the hospital. Anyway, I see I've got some PM's to answer! I'll get to them this evening. I'll also post a pic or two when I get home. Dee, I've got blue and white, also. They both would work good. I think the white might be better if it's a wedding! Thanks! Jim

Jim Good
10-18-2011, 5:50 PM
Hey, I had some paragraphs in my last post but it bunched them all together! Sorry! Jim

Dee Gallo
10-18-2011, 6:18 PM
Boy Jim, when it rains it pours for you! Sorry to hear about your stepfather-in-law's fall, what a list of injuries. It's amazing he survived at all!

For those of you who have not dealt with Jim, I can tell you he is a great guy, he has never let me down.

Jim, I'm so happy to hear those mini's come in blue now.. that's my favorite color for LEDs. My next order will include some of those for sure.

Good luck with your family, dee

Jim Good
10-18-2011, 9:13 PM
Dee,

Thanks for the kind words. We'll continue to do what we can to help Ron out. Family first, right!?! I consider all the folks on this forum my family, too, so I appreciate the well wishes and will continue to help those on this forum the best I can!

Here's a couple of samples.

Thanks!

Jim

Dee Gallo
10-18-2011, 10:06 PM
Happy BRITHday? Don't you hate it when that happens?

Anyway, good samples to show what the units look like, love the blue!

Jim Good
10-18-2011, 11:08 PM
I hate using other people's product pictures!!!! I'm going to set up my photo tent and make some better pictures! Maybe I'll make a Dee Gallo Table Setting sample!

Jim