PDA

View Full Version : CorelDraw question

bryan henderson
10-13-2011, 10:30 AM
Hello Laser Creeker's

When I am laser cutting a material on my machine(multiple objects) if there is some way on Corel Draw that you can force the complete cutting of one object before it proceeds to another object. It seems like it cuts the part in the order in which the part was designed or drawn at. Lets say for example you had a square with rounded edges, it will cut all four straight lines then come back and cut the rounded edges. I would like the laser to start at one specific point and cut all the way around the part. If anyone can help that would be great.

Bryan

Glen Monaghan
10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Under the Tools menu, make sure Object Manager is checked. Then find the Object Manager tab (probably docked at the right) and open it. If need be, click on the "+" next to the layer name in Object Manager to open it and see your drawing objects. The order in which they appear is generally the order in which they are lasered, bottom up, but all rastering (engraving) is done first, then all vectoring (engraving or cutting, if enough power). Reorder as desired by clicking and dragging. If you try to drag one object onto another instead of above or below it, the two will get grouped. In that case, just undo and try again more carefully. Oh, and you can also just click on the name of an object and change it from the generic "curve", "ellipse", etc. to something more descriptive for your project.

-Glen

Robert Farrell
10-13-2011, 1:20 PM
Bryan,in my print driver there is an option called cluster that will do what you would like to accomplish. I don't know what type of laser you own but, check to see if yours has cluster. I don't think it can be done in Corel Draw.

Lee DeRaud
10-13-2011, 1:57 PM
On a ULS machine, the driver will do "creative" things with the cut order if Sort and/or Enhance are turned on.
And by "creative", I mean things like breaking a curve at arbitrary nodes and doing the pieces separately.

With all vector enhancement turned off, it cuts in "Corel order", back to front (that's bottom-to-top in the Object Manager list). In your example of the (manually?) rounded square, it helps if you slect the four sides and the four corners and do Arrange-Combine to make them into a single curve.

Bill Overturf
10-14-2011, 10:16 AM
I make alot of templates for multi plated plaques (I use matte board fro framing it works great). In doing this I always just duplicate then move as needed and noticed that the laser would jump all over the place. Here is the cure I found. Select everything and combine it and then break curve apart it seems to just cut them in a reasonable order not meaning its going to cut them in the order you would think it would cut them in but it does do it in an orderly fashion