PDA

View Full Version : Branded

David DeCristoforo
10-12-2011, 1:05 PM
The long and tedious saga of my quest for a signature brand is over! Yesterday afternoon a small package arrived in the mail from Buckeye Engraving. Inside was the custom logo brand they made for me. Even though I designed this logo and sent them actual size images of it, I was kind of surprised at how small it is. There will be no problem getting into the confined recesses in the bases of my pieces.

I had the brand made with a 1/8" post so I could wrap it with ni-chrome wire and mount it in the pen:

It makes a nice clear impression:

Sean at Buckeye Engraving did a totally excellent job on this. If anyone needs something along these lines, I cannot imagine a better place to go.

John Keeton
10-12-2011, 1:22 PM
Absolutely an excellent result!! Great detail for the size of the burn, and great way to adapt to the burner. I need to work on a logo signature and get this done - my printed "signature" on the bottom of my work leaves a lot to be desired!!

Thanks for posting the results of the quest.

Scott Hussey
10-12-2011, 1:40 PM
This is cool. I need to get one of these as well. I've been freehand woodburning and or engraving my pieces and it looks like a 4 year old has been signing my work.

David, can you give me an idea of how much these cost.

Scott

Tim Rinehart
10-12-2011, 2:46 PM
That's quite cool. I've kicked the idea around...time to kick around some more. I like this, would be curious about the interpretation. I see two primary arcs that could be the arc of "D"s, but without the left bar...I think I'm wrong, ok...care to expand?

Steve Vaughan
10-12-2011, 2:51 PM
That's really neat to have something like that. I think it bumps up the appearance of quality quite a bit!

Jon Prouty
10-12-2011, 3:02 PM
would something like this work in a soldering iron? I have one that has replaceable tips and this may be an option for those without burners.

Jon

David DeCristoforo
10-12-2011, 3:18 PM
"I...would be curious about the interpretation"

The logo is lifted from my signature:

"...would something like this work in a soldering iron?"

I don't see why not....

"...can you give me an idea of how much these cost?"

I would rather not post that information. You can get a quote from Sean at B.E.
I can tell you this much.... it was very reasonable. Not much more that I would have
paid for one of those "Handcrafted By..." units sold by Rockler et al Of course, being
so small, the price per pound might be "a bit higher"!

Tim Rinehart
10-12-2011, 4:22 PM
"I...would be curious about the interpretation"

The logo is lifted from my signature:

Clever and unique...why am I really not surprised!:cool:

Wally Dickerman
10-12-2011, 5:08 PM
Geez David, you're an artist....Did Van Gogh use as brand? Is there a brand somewhere on the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel?

David DeCristoforo
10-12-2011, 5:35 PM
"Is there a brand somewhere on the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel?"

Of course there is. But it's kinda like the "Where's Waldo" thing. You gotta look for it and, so far, no one has had enough time to examine every square inch of the ceiling close enough to find it. There was one guy who had examined about three quarters of it but then he died of extreme old age and since then, no one else has attempted it. It is rumored that Pope Pius IX knew where it was but he wasn't telling...

Scott Hackler
10-12-2011, 6:13 PM
That turned out very well and having it set up for NiChrome wire pen is a great idea. I should try to come up with a "brand" My printed signature is not very neat and when I burn it it (sometimes) looks like I did it with a hot rock.

Wally Dickerman
10-12-2011, 6:13 PM
"Is there a brand somewhere on the ceiling in the Sistine Chapel?"

Of course there is. But it's kinda like the "Where's Waldo" thing. You gotta look for it and, so far, no one has had enough time to examine every square inch of the ceiling close enough to find it. There was one guy who had examined about three quarters of it but then he died of extreme old age and since then, no one else has attempted it. It is rumored that Pope Pius IX knew where it was but he wasn't telling...

Well I supplose I should have known that....Now that you mention that, I think that I've heard that there's a brand under David's left big toe...

David DeCristoforo
10-13-2011, 3:24 PM
"Well I suppose I should have known that...."

I was serious... and it's not under David's bit toe. Someone already looked there...