PDA

View Full Version : My Universal Laser experience - good!

Gary Lyben
10-12-2011, 12:43 PM
I bought my vls 4.60 from Universal in 2009, the first tube was bad, but they sent a replacement as soon as we determined the problem. That tube just went out. I talked to my rep, Sue Stull - Midwest Laser, and she got to Universal. The warranty expired in July of this year, but the company went ahead and honored it anyway. They will be sending a new tube out today.

What great people, and a great company. Thanks Sue and Universal.

Gary Lyben :)

Paul Phillips
10-12-2011, 1:31 PM
Gary, thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts it's good to know. Sorry about the laser tube but glad to hear their response, in my opinion that's what sets them apart from lesser brands and after much research on this forum it's why I purchased one as well. I'm going on nearly a year and a half running 5-6 days a week with no problems, smooth, reliable operation day in and day out is what I wanted and what I got with my ULS. I'm a happy camper!

Neal Schlee
10-12-2011, 7:52 PM
We had a 60 watt tube die in our X-2 660 ULS system after 5 years of hard useage.
ULS sent a recharged replacement tube out within 3 days. In the mean time we were still in operation with the other tube.
Total cost was $1350 for the recharged tube after returning the dead core. Installing the new tube in a ULS system takes less than 2 minutes and absolutely NO alignment needed. It's a big plus to have the machine maker also produce their tubes in house.

Neal
Lasertech Alaska

Jeff Toro
10-16-2011, 1:42 AM
I have to agree. ULS as great customer service!! They sent me the wrong x-axis bearings and they overnighted the correct ones free of charge. I thought it was very "big" of them to admit they sent the wrong ones to me.