charlie knighton
10-12-2011, 10:58 AM
15 x 15 .........

Nick Fisher
10-12-2011, 11:11 AM
What are we looking at? I'm lost....

charlie knighton
10-12-2011, 2:20 PM
Nick, you are looking at a outboard multi-axis turning that has been burned with my conception of petroglyphs. the main themes are Kokopelli, the hump-backed flute player and the spirals. Another theme which comes from Gary A. David's The Orion Zone, is As Above, So Below. The whole series of outboard multi-axis turnings come from The Orion Zone. The Anasazi lived a number of years in one place and moved, rebuilt, replanted in another location based upon constellations such as Orion. enjoy

curtis rosche
10-12-2011, 3:05 PM
two questions. 1: what are you on when you come up with these amazing and crazy ideas? 2: where can i get some?

charlie knighton
10-12-2011, 3:40 PM
1: what are you on when you come up with these amazing and crazy ideas?Curtis, the outboard turning single cuts are influenced by Nick Agar. the woodburning is influenced by Molly Winton. the spiral is influenced by Michael Mocho. the Anasazi influenced Gary A. David who wrote the Orion Zone. i attended Lynwood Artist workshops led by Roland Guidry and Sam Davis. granted i do not mimic exactly what these turners, author, artist, and photographer do.

2: where can i get some? i suggest you attend as many rotations at symposiums (regional and national) as you can. i have been fascinated by prehistoric man from an early age, you can go to Half.com and buy used books on many different subjects.