PDA

View Full Version : For all you Senators fans out there...............

Kent A Bathurst
10-12-2011, 9:20 AM
Couldn't resist.....:D :D :D

Jim O'Dell
10-12-2011, 10:29 PM
Say hello to Nelson Cruz. Sorry, I couldn't resist either. :rolleyes: Jim. :rolleyes:

Kent A Bathurst
10-13-2011, 7:32 AM
No kidding, Jim. I certainly deserved that jab. I'm calling him Mr. Cruz from now on.

Who IS that guy? I just watched the replay of his throw to the plate in the 8th about 10 times........jeeez louise.....They coulda spotted Miggy a 10 foot lead off 3d.

Whadda game though........Hat's off to Washington for having the brass to IBB Cabrera, but he almost got bit. Who does THAT to a lead-off hitter in a tie game - an LCS game, no less? I understand what Cabrera's been doing to them, but still.........

The cats are killing me here. Actually, Delmon and his injury are killing me, but that's baseball, as they say.

Verlander up next - bring your umbrellas. I'm not feeling too good about the 2 after that in Arlington, though.

Kent A Bathurst
10-14-2011, 3:29 PM
Jim -

I am still calling him Mr. Cruz.

The play I liked the best is when he went for the ball that was a triple........he did not back down, he did not hesitate, he went for the play. It was out of his reach by inches, but he went for the play. I admired that. Major league by any definition of the term.

Plus his gotta-expect-it-by-now homer, but his play for that ball was excellent.

I am supremely hopeful, but not risking any moolah, on the next two games. You got a doggone good team there. Dammit.

Bob Turkovich
10-14-2011, 3:57 PM
Kent,

This has been an agonizing series for a Tigers' fan. Every game could turn on one swing of the bat. I agree that if they win this series, they will have beat one heckuva team.

Now, about that football game tomorrrow.....

Kent A Bathurst
10-14-2011, 4:48 PM
Kent,

This has been an agonizing series for a Tigers' fan. Every game could turn on one swing of the bat. I agree that if they win this series, they will have beat one heckuva team.

Undefeated are you? Against who - Wichita State Teachers College for the Blind? Just come to East Lansing, get your butt-whipping, and get it over with. This is your year to finally beat OSU - that'll give you some satisfaction............:D :D :D

Didn't want to disappoint your preconceived notion of us Spartans....they are already assembling the kerosene-couch entertainment.....

Larry Browning
10-14-2011, 5:05 PM
The baseball gods were smiling down on the Tigers yesterday when that ball hit 3rd base! I firmly believe that the Tigers would all be going fishing today if that had not happened.

Kent A Bathurst
10-14-2011, 6:30 PM
The baseball gods were smiling down on the Tigers..........

That would be Mayo Smith and Sparky Anderson, correct? ;)

Kent A Bathurst
10-15-2011, 3:37 PM

Hey, there Bob 'ol pal.........thought I'd just check in with you. See you next year. :D

Bob Turkovich
10-15-2011, 4:39 PM
Kent,

Still alive and breathing....can't control the line of scrimmage = won't win the game.

Need to get fired back up for first pitch......

Kent A Bathurst
10-15-2011, 5:19 PM
I firmly believe Hoke is the guy. He needs a couple years to get it all squared away, but he will lead you back to .......well.........hopefully a firm lock on #2 in the state.

Larry Browning
10-16-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm not going to even try to resist.....

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=209940&d=1318473840&thumb=1

NEXT!!!!!!!

It don't matter, Cards or Brewers... They're goin down!

Kent A Bathurst
10-16-2011, 9:51 AM
That was an old-fashioned butt-whipping right there.

Every Tiger pitcher came armed with a can of gas to pour onto the flames. Yikes.

Go Rangers!! We'll see you next year.

Jim O'Dell
10-16-2011, 12:14 PM
Like Leyland said, you have a good team, nothing to be down about. The injury bug hit the Cats a little late. Rangers were lucky it hit end of August, and before. Had time to recoup and be ready for the playoffs, or in the middle of the playoffs for Cruz.
We'll see you in the playoffs next year! Now it's time to go after the NL. Jim.