PDA

View Full Version : Insane deal

Kelly C. Hanna
02-28-2005, 8:56 AM
Friday I went to a favorite BBQ place whilst out for lunch. Picked up an Ad Beat and a Greensheet and just as usual scanned the tools for sale. My wife and I dabble on ebay a lot and sometimes the 'old car in the barn' rears it's head. Our first deal was the donor truck for me and we cleared a profit by selling the extra parts so it was time to find another one...

The ad read Rockwell Unisaw (50's model), DeWalt Radial Arm Saw (turned out to be a 1954) and Craftsman Jointer (between 1959-1963)....$600 for all. Could I have resisted?....NO!!!

I told Jana I'd been looking for this type deal a long time (who hasn't?) and that I was going to give Lamar the saw if he wanted it. All this was contingent on it being in decent shape. The guy told me it ran as well as the other ones he was selling, so we scheduled a Saturday morning run to North Richland Hills to pick them up. They all ran very well...I tried to get the guy down to $500 just for grins, but he wasn't budging, so I pulled out the cash and paid the man.

I don't know of anyone who likes woodworking who wouldn't like a cabinet saw. Lamar is a great person to work with and since I already had a cabinet saw it was only natural that he get one in his shop. I had been wanting to give him a bonus since the new year, so it was an easy decision to do this and SWHTM (she who has the money) agreed.

So we traded and now we have three great woodworking machines for sale. Two are already on ebay and the third will go up tonite. BTW, thanks for the help Saturday in getting this deal done Lamar, it woulda been very hard without help!

Cecil Arnold
02-28-2005, 3:17 PM
For that kind of deal I'd drive to Dallas--and even root for the Cowboys.

Jerry Olexa
02-28-2005, 3:36 PM
Wow!!! That is a terrific DEAL!! Wish I were closer....:)

John Harris
02-28-2005, 3:46 PM
Let's not get crazy...I'm all in for a great deal...but root for the cowboys?

Bill Arnold
03-01-2005, 6:45 AM
Let's not get crazy...I'm all in for a great deal...but root for the cowboys?
Along time ago I was a die-hard Cowboys fan. Haven't been able to bring myself to root for them since they fired Jimmy Johnson!

:rolleyes:

Kelly C. Hanna
03-01-2005, 6:58 AM
I'm with you guys....Jones is a moron when it comes to the Cowboys, he's never done anything right since firing Jimmy.....in fact, hiring Jimmy was the only thing he's done right since buying the boys.

I've hated him since the day he fired Tom Landry.

Dan Mages
03-01-2005, 7:32 AM
FOUL!!!

This gloat is hereby cancelled due to a lack of pictures. Once pictures are provided, you my refile your claim of gloat in this forum.

Dan

Nice haul, I think. I will need the pics to give my opinion. ;)

Kelly C. Hanna
03-01-2005, 7:42 AM
Try this thread for the Unisaw (posted Sunday night)...you musta missed that one. So now we have three picky pic police people? This is gettin' outta hand.

If you just have to have a pic to believe it search DeWalt Radial Arm Saw and Craftsman Jointer on ebay and you'll see both of the other ones.

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17381

Dan Mages
03-01-2005, 7:46 AM
Nah, I am just giving you a hard time. I can use a good table saw like that. Congrats on the find and dont forget pics for the future!

Dan