PDA

View Full Version : Dangerous place to have a meeting

Eric Holmquist
10-09-2011, 7:35 PM
Rob Doyle of Bad Dog Burls keeps plying us with BBQ. Two clubs had a meeting at his place yesterday. He just got in a huge shipment of mostly Mallee caps with a mix of other cool stuff. I grabbed a few Red Mallee caps and turned one today.

Slightly different style than my first, only the rim is natural edge this time. the "bowl" part is around 3 1/2" (9 cm) across. Finished with Bush Oil.

Josh Bowman
10-09-2011, 8:28 PM
Wow! I'd be broke. Very nice bowl.

Eric Holmquist
10-10-2011, 9:13 AM
Thanks, having a turners meeting there is like having an AA meeting at a bar!

Tim Rinehart
10-10-2011, 9:23 AM
Hmmm, must be something in the air. We have a local sawmill (SawmillNC if you search) northwest of Charlotte that alot of us get beautiful wood from now and again. The owner, Kyle Edwards, is a great fellow to ask questions of, and if you're looking for a burl or highly figured slab of wood for that special table...he's the go to man in our region I think. He routinely has a great supply of burl chunks in maple, cherry as well as some nicely spalted woods in sizes for most any kind of turning. It's always a treat when he brings in some wood for the raffle table at our Charlotte Woodturners meetings...oh, and yes....this weekend he's having a BBQ!!
Guess I'd be smart taking my motorcycle to this BBQ!

Jim Burr
10-10-2011, 9:26 AM
I might have enough left over to get a room at Motel 6! Nice bowl Eric!!

ray hampton
10-10-2011, 5:07 PM
Tim , you will need a trailer hook to your motorcycle

Donny Lawson
10-10-2011, 5:09 PM
WOW, thats a nice piece. Ones like that will make you want to stop by the bank.

Ed Morgano
10-10-2011, 5:27 PM
Beautiful piece Eric.