PDA

View Full Version : Monster swan neck tool

dean griffith
10-09-2011, 4:48 PM
I am about ready to take the next step and purchase the Monster articulated arm and I am curious how many use the optional swan neck tool?

John Keeton
10-09-2011, 4:53 PM
Dean, I have the older style swan neck bar, and I have not found a need for it with the work I do. However, when I was talking with Randy at the OVWG symposium, he showed me the current version and it appears much more useful. The older style had a female end (bored out for a cutter), but the new version permits the cutter to be rotated. It was easy to see several places it might come in handy.

Steve Schlumpf
10-09-2011, 4:55 PM
I have one of the original swan necks and I use it all the time with both of my Monster systems. Comes in handy when you have a small opening and a high shoulder on the form.

dean griffith
10-09-2011, 5:14 PM
Thanks for the reply John. I am sure I will be adding to my list ! By the way i enjoy looking at your postings here. Great work

dean griffith
10-09-2011, 5:17 PM
Steve thanks for the response, as I mentioned to John I really enjoy looking at your and his postings. Great work , and congratulations on the new lathe..Sweet machine,