PDA

View Full Version : Tree of Heaven HF

Bill Bolen
10-08-2011, 9:39 PM
I've been playing around with this form as of late. Has some potential for showing some wild grain off. Guess it's time for me to sort through my stash and find something with a interesting grain. Good practice piece though. About 10x3 or so and just tung oil with a bit of buffing.

Bernie Weishapl
10-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Bill I like it. Really nice wood and great grain.

jeff vanek
10-08-2011, 11:12 PM
very nice!!

John Keeton
10-09-2011, 8:45 AM
Bill, for such a "trash tree" that sure is some nice looking wood! Excellent job of hollowing a form that size, too.

Bill Walsh
10-09-2011, 8:37 PM
Bill, nice job on the HF. I like the shape and have done several that look almost the same.
(took your advise on my photo tent backround and replaced the red with some white poster board from staples. Took a few photos and now can see how distracting the red was. Thanks) Lots of great advise here!!!!
Not sure if this is anything that interests you but some of the pieces that have a large top surface like this one you've just posted, I've done some random shapes with a pyro pen within an off center boarder. Also have done some piercing!!! The top surface area of this shape is a good place to give it a try...

Bill Bolen
10-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Good idea Bill...been thinking of doing the same. Great minds think alike!!

Baxter Smith
10-09-2011, 10:51 PM
I am looking forward to seeing some "wild grain"!

David E Keller
10-09-2011, 10:56 PM
Nicely done! I like these 'squat' forms, and you've oriented the grain very nicely on this one.