PDA

View Full Version : AWFS Show

Richard Wolf
02-27-2005, 10:05 PM
I was thinking off going to the AWFS show in Las Vegas in the end of July. I am looking for some input from someone that has been to their shows. I have a two man pro shop and love woodworking just like everyone esle. Are these shows geared toward large industrial shops with heavy machinery and CNC capibilities or is there enough for the small shop owner and serious hobbiest to justify the trip.

Thanks, Richard

John Renzetti
02-28-2005, 8:27 AM
Hi Richard, The AWFS and the bigger IWF will have something for everybody. I think you'll find a lot there for the smaller shops. In fact more than is shown for the real big operations. Also they offer seminars on a wide range of subjects. They classify the seminars according to the target audience.
The AWFS is not as big as the IWF, although the move to Vegas from Anaheim will add a lot of exhibit space, but plan on at least two full days for the show. Plan ahead, register ahead, and make your hotel reservations early.
take care,
John

Jim Becker
02-28-2005, 9:34 AM
I've been to the sister show that John mentions (IWF) and it's really aimed at folks like you and larger. Hobbyists can enjoy it, but the people selling at the show are focused on the professional. Great shows! Amazing stuff...even the things that are as big as a house are interesting to learn about!

Brian Buckley
02-28-2005, 1:05 PM
Richard,

I went to IWF last year not knowing what to expect. There is alot of huge industrial equipment for very large manufactures. The good news is there is also alot of equipment and supplys for the hobbyist. I spent 2 1/2 days at the show and did not see everything. It was fun to see everything.
I plan on going to AWFS in LV. It would be fun for a group of us to get together for refreshments or dinner.

Brian

John Gregory
02-28-2005, 1:56 PM
Does anyone know if there is a charge to attend the show? Per day or for the entire event? And what it might be?

Thanks
John

Charlie Woods
02-28-2005, 2:07 PM
Brian:
Has the Houston WW show already happened. If not, what are the dates? I have been so busy I have not been able to find out.
Thanks

Richard Wolf
02-28-2005, 4:51 PM
Thanks for the info.

Richard

Steve Jenkins
02-28-2005, 6:03 PM
Does anyone know if there is a charge to attend the show? Per day or for the entire event? And what it might be?

Thanks
John
If you go to the website and preregister I think it is only about 10 bucks for the entire weekend. It is www.awfsfair.org
Well worth the bucks.

John Gregory
02-28-2005, 6:11 PM
My wife and I are pretty sure we will attend this one. A fun few days for us. We live in Northern Utah so we can drive there. She loves woodworking as much as I do. Maybe some of the Creekers can meet up and say hi.

John

John Lucas
02-28-2005, 7:44 PM
In past years in Anaheim it was a very big show. Maybe it wasnt as big as IWF but it seemed to be more focused on the smaller shops. The xtra large IWF exhibits were not as large. I think the Las Vegas show will be larger and better than anaheim. I havent been to this show since Anaheim in 93 and I am already trying to finegle my way to LV.

Brian Buckley
02-28-2005, 7:49 PM
Charlie,

I think the Houston show is in April. I hope it is better than last year.