PDA

View Full Version : Corporate sales gift ideas?

Toney Robertson
10-08-2011, 2:32 PM
I was just contacted about the possibility of supplying around a dozen pieces to be used for awards for top salesmen.

I thought about a very nice pen/pencil set, maybe something to do with ones desk but I thought I would ask what suggestions the kind folks here had.

The budget given to me was around $100-300.

What say you?

Scott Hackler
10-08-2011, 3:13 PM
Toney, I think your thinking in the right direction but I wouldn't include the pencil. Most executives and sales folk I know dont use a pencil BUT covet a really nice pen. I would suggest a Rhodium or gold plated high end kit, with an exotic wood. Maybe Amboyna burl (I just love that wood and it is rather rare). The kit and blank would run about $65ish (I am guessing) so my first thought is a very well made pen could be priced in the $150 range (with the high end parts).

Bernie Weishapl
10-08-2011, 3:22 PM
I have to agree with Scott. No pencil. I have made several sets and most don't want the pencil or never use them. I would go with a high end kit and some nice wood such as Scott suggested or afzelia wood. Some really nice exotic wood.

Lupe Duncan
10-08-2011, 5:29 PM
Yep about 150.00 for a decent, well plated, wood pen. That's for 1 pen. For a dozen you could go with a smaller Sierra style single tube pen, get some acrylics on sale, and maybe get away with supplies under 150.00. But that's still not alot for labor, which will be a pain. You could also pour your own "Corporate color acrylics" and save a little more, if you already have the supplies to pour your own colors.

Your basically looking at 25.00 or less a pen. That's not a nice corporate pen......Especially for top salesman.

Scott Hackler
10-08-2011, 5:42 PM
I think I might have misread your post. Is your budget $100-300 Total or per piece? If its total, ignore everything I suggested. That level of pen wouldnt be able ot be done x12 and be sold for $300 and even recoup your cost. Dividing $300 x 12 only comes up to $25 each. That isn't enough for the materials and time involve, IMO (and be a nice present).

Hmmm. I don't know if I wouldnt quote him $50 per and get some black titanium Atlas kits from Penn State and just use the nicest domestic blanks you have. That would keep the cost under $15 and you would actually get paid something for your work.

Toney Robertson
10-08-2011, 9:52 PM
I think I might have misread your post. Is your budget $100-300 Total or per piece? If its total, ignore everything I suggested. That level of pen wouldnt be able ot be done x12 and be sold for $300 and even recoup your cost. Dividing $300 x 12 only comes up to $25 each. That isn't enough for the materials and time involve, IMO (and be a nice present).

Hmmm. I don't know if I wouldnt quote him $50 per and get some black titanium Atlas kits from Penn State and just use the nicest domestic blanks you have. That would keep the cost under $15 and you would actually get paid something for your work.

Yea, I was not specific enough, 100-300 each.

I suggested a pen and pencil set to the guy but I know what your saying about the pencil.

He just wanted more options when he talked to his partners.

Any other suggestions?

Lupe Duncan
10-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Well then that's a nice pen......A nice Rhodium plated Statesman fountain pen with 22ct gold accents sealed with a burly HRB, Amboyna, gator jaw, Italian imported Lucite with a silky shimmer or bright ribbon running through it. And you can get a nice laser engraved box with the corporate logo or name.

Scott Hackler
10-09-2011, 12:33 AM
GREAT! Then don't ignore my first suggestion! And the one Lupe has right above this one!

Betty Fox
10-09-2011, 11:41 AM
Pen and letter opener to match. Engrave the company logo on the set and viola. You're golden. :)