PDA

View Full Version : GCC autofocus problem

Adam Mufford
10-07-2011, 6:22 PM
I’m having a problem with the autofocus probe. It started acting up about a month ago 8 out of 10 times it will not work, it gives me the error saying the probe is not installed…when it actual is. So I bought 2 new probes thinking that the probe was bad, nope same error.
Has anyone else had this problem?

Next is to check the continuity of the wires running from the probe back to the board.

Ideas?

Thanks

Hannu Rinne
10-07-2011, 7:01 PM
Adam,

I had the same problem. From the control panel it worked just fine but I had some problems from the print driver, so I reinstalled it - after everything has been ok... so far...

Regards,
Hannu

Jerry Hewett
10-11-2011, 3:08 PM
We are having the same problem. Installed a new probe socket unit and a probe unit. Did not fix the problem. Tech support at Jorlink is sending a new cable for the probe socket.
Will see if that fixes the problem.

Sam Gardner
10-12-2011, 4:00 AM
I would say it's the cable. I've changed 3 already. I do a lot of wood and the cables gather residue so probably become brittle and cause cable failure. Always good to have 2 spare cables. Replacement probe is pretty expensive for what it is made from though so now am careful not to leave it attached when laser is working.

Rodne Gold
10-12-2011, 5:18 AM
I replaced the ribbon cable with a pair of thin wires , never had the issue happen again , not sure if the newer GCc machines still use a ribbon cable?

Albert Nix
10-12-2011, 10:22 AM
I stop using my auto focus...I wanted to get out of the habit of even using the AF button..Almost got me in trouble a couple of times. I just manual focus now.