PDA

View Full Version : Bluetooth question

Matt Meiser
10-06-2011, 10:27 PM
If I buy the same Bluetooth headset I have for my wife (a Plantronics) and given that we both have iPonnes, will we have trouble with them getting confused about who's phone they are paired to? I'm thinking there must be a unique address for each to prevent problems in public places, but the pin number on all of them is just 0's from the factory.

Cyrus Brewster 7
10-06-2011, 10:49 PM
I believe if you pair them in separate locations, you will not have a problem. One pair of headset and phone should recognize each other only.

Brian Kent
10-06-2011, 11:03 PM
My son the genius says the only problem is remembering which bluetooth is which, so put a drop of paint or fingernail polish on one. They will keep exclusive to the phone you paired them with.

Tim Morton
10-06-2011, 11:19 PM
My son the genius says the only problem is remembering which bluetooth is which, so put a drop of paint or fingernail polish on one. They will keep exclusive to the phone you paired them with.

yup...that is true. We have 4 iMacs at work with various blue tooth keyboards and meese...no problems at all.

Dan Hintz
10-07-2011, 6:39 AM
The comm protocol has a boatload of addresses (more than you'll ever need in a lifetime), so no worries.

Matt Meiser
10-07-2011, 8:34 AM
Cool. The one I've got is a Voyager 510 and it just works, people can hear me, and I can hear them. I'm sure there are newer ones out there that meet all those criteria but back when I bought it I'd already tried a few that didn't meet at least one. With Sync in my vehicle I don't use it nearly as much, but do when I travel so I wasn't ready to give it up. I found her a NOS one on eBay for a nice price.