PDA

View Full Version : Xacta Table Saw Fence Issues

Paul Merrill
10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
I purchased a Jet Tablesaw years ago, with the Xacta fence with the 52" rails. Currently I have a 10'x16' shop, making it almost impossable to set up the saw. Does any one know where I could pick up a set of 30" rails and tube? Jet does have the front and back rail available, but the front tube is obsolete. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jamie Buxton
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Hacksaw...

Cary Falk
10-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I would just cut them down. A cutting disc in a angle grinder does just fine. If you were close to me I would cut them on my horizontal metal bandsaw for you.

Jacob Dahn
10-06-2011, 1:50 PM
Measure the tube, and call a welding supply or steel vendor in your area. they will typically cut to a specific length for a fraction of the price from jet. It will be bare steel, but paint it to match your saw and mount it. That is if you want to keep the long rails incase you ever need them....otherwise as said before, cut them to the length you need.

David Kumm
10-06-2011, 5:20 PM
Depending on the version, any older biesemeyer or clone should work, general, accufence, htc. They all copied the original, even grizzly. Dave

Cliff Furman
10-12-2011, 10:32 PM
I agree with going to a steel supplier. I needed rails and 2x3 tube for an Exacta fence I have, and got 3/16" wall tubing from a supplier. It doesn't move at all. A little extra weight doesn't hurt a table saw.
The easiest thing to do, is cut yours.